• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 28, 2020

    RimWorld Typical Tuesday Tutorial Thread -- April 28, 2020

    RimWorld Typical Tuesday Tutorial Thread -- April 28, 2020


    Typical Tuesday Tutorial Thread -- April 28, 2020

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 01:14 AM PDT

    Please use this thread as a week-to-week space to ask your fellow /r/RimWorld colonists for assistance. Whether it be colony planning, help with mods, or general guidance, post any questions you may have here! If you have an effort post about a game mechanic then this is also fine space for that but please consider making a separate subreddit post for maximum visibility. I am a bot, so I can't make jokes. If you'd like a Typical Tuesday joke, or if there are any problems with this post, please message the moderators of the subreddit.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I made Dragonserach interior

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 09:25 PM PDT

    Randy photoshop I did few years back (Miller from The Expanse)

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 04:45 PM PDT

    Miki the Cannibal (OC)

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 06:44 PM PDT

    "Randy", me, oil paint on 10x10 cm canvas, 2020

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 10:17 AM PDT

    Warg in HD

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 04:41 AM PDT

    He turns himself into a Colonist- it's the funniest shit I've ever SEEN, Outlander

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 05:52 PM PDT

    Uhmm...

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 04:36 AM PDT

    You kidding me Randy. First 15k gold in dragon's inventory now this.

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 02:22 AM PDT

    Randomized my background and hit a little to close to home.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 06:22 PM PDT

    Rimworld picture, part 2 finelining

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 06:04 AM PDT

    Something about this area gives me bad vibes

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 07:53 PM PDT

    My colonist Skye nearly died in a raid. I tended to her in the field, barely saving her. Carrying her home, she unexpectedly passed due to a heatstroke. We buried her and came together for a sermon. Only then did I realize the "art" our preacher had placed on the sarcophagus: mocking her death.

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 04:45 AM PDT

    What's the WORST mental break for you?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 06:20 AM PDT

    For me, the worst one is by far the "Run Wild" extreme break. I'd rather take a berserk or even a murderous rage since at the very least you can counterplay that. Even the "Given Up" mental break is better because it's at least somewhat plausible, you can try and stop them, and even if you don't, you may see them again.

    However, the "Run Wild" break happens instantly, as if they lost all of there intelligence, they strip there clothes, and they immediately get removed from your faction. Arresting them does nothing since you still have to tame them, which relies on the handling skill, and you only have a 3% chance to do it...like it doesn't even make any sense. Most times it happens to me, it's the middle of winter or summer and they die to the elements. I think this break should only apply to those with a tribal background, if at all, since it's so nonsensical.

    A close second would be "Tantrum". Now the tantrum where they smash random stuff is fine, usually you can let it run its course. The "Targeted Tantrum" is absolutely horrid, since they usually target an object with the highest wealth value...which in many cases for some reason seems to be explosives. They will go all the way across the map just to punch a bomb and kill themselves...due to a tantrum because it's dark?

    submitted by /u/Demoboca
    [link] [comments]

    Really?! Not even a whole day after our 20th anniversary before the f*cking Bren sicced the damn USF on us.

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 05:15 AM PDT

    Corpse Obsession got dark

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 07:38 AM PDT

    Backstory

    I did a peace talks quest with a tribe, but my lead negotiator doesn't do combat, so I sent two bodyguards and a horse to carry food. The first caravan was ambushed by manhunter cats, who hit my three-man caravan hard and I had to turn them around. So I sent my B-squad - which is actually still a decent squad. It was the lead negotiator (no combat) and a husband/wife couple. Wife is the doctor. Chain shotgun and heavy SMG.

    The talks went fine, even though we were ambushed again. We beat the tribal ambush so well that I thought we could hit up an easy quest nearby the site of the talks to get a little more reputation boost with the tribe we just made peace with. Four tribals. We set up a fallback point, but one tribal pawn comes too close and starts to charge us. We kill him in one shot. The other three rush us. They're armed with two steel ikwas and a short bow. The bodyguards hit the tribals and give them fatal wounds, but don't down them. They rush and stab my bodyguards and down them - they aren't dead, but the husband has a 4 hour bleedout timer and the enemy pawns have a 7 hour timer, so I draft the negotiator and they chase her around the map. They lose conciousness after three hours, so I send the negotiator to rescue the husband. We brought glitterworld medicine, but her medical skill is a one. The wife is still unconscious and the husband dies in the negotiator's arms.

    Event

    We bring back the body and bury it in a sarcophagus. The widow recovers, and after three days has a mental break. Corpse Obsession. Since I'm a new player, I don't know whats about to hit me. There's a graveyard at the edge of our base where I buried raiders in my early colony. The colonist's sarcophagus is beyond that. The widow goes past the graveyard, digs up her rotting husband and puts his corpse on the table in our colony's main gathering point. Everyone is upset.

    Then it hits me - even though its a game, my mind inserted the rest. A woman who lost her husband has a mental break and drags the rotting corpse of her dead husband back into the hub of the colony. Maybe she can't accept that he's dead. Maybe she's saying 'look, this is what we're all going to become in this colony.' I don't know, but I have a nightmare about it anyway. So sad.

    submitted by /u/Destination_Cabbage
    [link] [comments]

    This is the best game I have ever played

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 05:53 PM PDT

    This might not be the best place to post this, but I know if I had worked on this game as a dev (or even one of the many modders) I would like reading feedback like this, so here's my two cents.

    I just got this game last week and after playing it for a couple of hours I was furious I had never picked it up before. This is the game I have wanted for a very long time. I grew up on all the Sim games (even Sim Golf, that game was super underrated) and find myself periodically on Steam looking through the Simulation category. Picked up Factorio and Rise of Industry, neither of them held onto me the way I wanted (RoI could have if it had more than 3 feet of depth to it). I got into the Anno series for a bit as well. I had seen this game in my results list but I never checked it out until recently.

    Well, you can have all of my money. But apparently you don't want it because the modding community here is SICK. Every time I find myself thinking "I wonder if I can..." - turns out I totally can.

    I got a couple chickens the other day. Just the nuance of fertilized/unfertilized eggs made me nnng. I thought to myself "I'm gonna start a chicken farm!" and then I start googling around and it turns out I'm not particularly clever.

    I was kind of let down by the lamps I had to constantly place, can't put them on a table, no wall lights. "I wonder if I can find a mod in this area" - load up steam workshop and start giggling to my delight.

    This is just ridiculous. This game is so good. I haven't even engaged in probably half of the game (I avoid combat and play more sandboxy base builder on Chillax mode) and I don't even feel the need to do so. Heck, I still don't understand traveling to other areas of the world. I spent my first few days under the assumption that the map you roll is the entire scope of the game. Turns out I'm a moron. But it doesn't matter. Just the Vegetable Garden mod set alone, I could play this game for months just building an awesome farm.

    Unbelievable game. 7/10.

    submitted by /u/mobile-user-guy
    [link] [comments]

    Beginning of my Rimworld fanart

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 12:50 AM PDT

    What the fuck Candice?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 10:13 AM PDT

    When you love your wife but don't respect her life choices (Been Together 3+ Years)

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 09:10 PM PDT

    I found out what was causing my lag

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 04:13 PM PDT

    there was hidden space in the mountain and 173 rats, 83 squirrels, 28 hares were just breeding like crazy...

    submitted by /u/human-7264
    [link] [comments]

    INCREDIBLE GENEROSITY... Man enters colony with permanent scar on left leg, only there to be held for 5 days - leaves colony completely scar-free.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 11:28 AM PDT

    195 ambrosia addicted turtle is defending over 700+ ambrosia

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment