• Breaking News

    Friday, November 29, 2019

    RimWorld Sorry I’d repost, but this is gold.

    RimWorld Sorry I’d repost, but this is gold.


    Sorry I’d repost, but this is gold.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 11:50 PM PST

    Epstein didn't kill himself

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 10:39 AM PST

    A Transrooster. No idea how it happened. Lays eggs and mates with the other rooster.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 04:13 AM PST

    My birthday card had a thrumbo on it!

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 11:18 PM PST

    i opened the ancient danger as a joke... but now it's my home

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 08:45 PM PST

    What about a mod that makes the health window like this? (If you are a developer and want to make something like this into rimworld hit me up, im a designer)

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 02:25 PM PST

    Rate my setup before I start building

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 09:41 AM PST

    When date isn't going as planned...

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 07:49 AM PST

    Lovely apartment with balcony (bottom right of the image)!

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 01:16 PM PST

    Enjoy this meme I made

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 03:40 PM PST

    Sumthing does(nt) seem right

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 05:28 AM PST

    Defending against 150 scythers.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 01:12 AM PST

    Abstract Priest Terrorism

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 07:24 PM PST

    Fallen Outpost (P13)

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 04:51 AM PST

    Thank you Randy for the free meat

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 10:27 AM PST

    Well that's a 22 day survival of one colonist

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 06:12 AM PST

    Freedom of Murder

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 05:14 PM PST

    Mod it til it breaks - A rimworld guide to mods

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 03:02 AM PST

    Links

    Picture of colony at 795 days-> https://i.redd.it/pr3i9qucvl141.jpg

    Map Seed -> https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorldSeeds/comments/cut4lf/defendrainforestmtn275x275_seed_green_626s_520w/

    The fall ->

    Intro

    I tried to build the best colony I could, using as many mods as I could. I am amazed by this 600mb games ability to incorporate lots and lots of mods.

    I ended up running 75 mods before I felt it too choppy to enjoy. Rookie numbers, I know. It was ~100ms freeze every few seconds. I didn't even notice until I started a new save with just core, but I couldn't unsee it.

    Heres all the mods I was running at that time

    Modlist

    Libraries – These should just be part of Vanilla please Tynan.

    Core

    HugsLib

    JecsTools

    HumanoidAlienRaces2.0

    Major Changes – These add lots of things to the game or make significant changes, where other mods might find compatibility issues. They're also the most popular.

    CombatExtended

    DubsBadHygiene

    SparklingWorlds-FullMod

    Rimatomics

    Hospitality

    Children,schoolandlearning

    [1.0]Androidtiers'

    Managing – If you just want mods that add functionality and control

    EdBPrepareCarefully

    ShowDrafteesWeapon

    ProgressRenderer

    MedicalTab

    ModManager

    BetterModMismatchWindow

    FollowMe

    ColonyManager

    AllowTool

    CircleAndOval

    DefensivePositions

    DeepOreIdentifier

    [KV]TradingSpot-1.0'

    TechAdvancing

    InteractionBubbles

    Auto-CutBlight

    Hauling mods – Make your pawns more cleverer. CHOOSE ONE.

    CommonSense

    PickUpAndHaul

    While youre up

    Very Good – I thought these mods significantly improved my game.

    ExpandedProstheticsandOrganEngineering

    ExtendedStorage

    VanillaFurnitureExpanded

    [SYR]Doormats'

    WallLight

    VertibirdTransport-Standalone

    [KV]RimFridge-1.0'

    RTFuse

    NatureisBeautifulv2.5[1.0]

    [T]MoreFloors'

    [RF]FertileFields[1.0]'

    [JP]FertileFieldsMakeover'

    Nice to have – These were also good

    Quarry1.0

    VanillaFences

    [T]ExpandedCrops'

    DubsSkylights

    [SYR]SetUpCamp'

    DubsSkylightsGlass+LightsPatch

    StatueofColonist

    VanillaFishingExpanded

    HarvestOrgansPostMortem

    Wallcorners

    GreenworldLite

    SimpleBulkCooking

    ShieldGeneratorsbyFrontierDevelopments

    RimWriter-Books,Scrolls,Tablets,andLibraries

    [1.0]RimCuisine2Core'

    GrazingLands

    GloomyDeco

    GloomyFurniture

    Glass+Lights

    Bionicicons

    Other/Untested/Incompatible

    ModCheck

    ADogSaid...AnimalProsthetics

    RWMS

    SaveOurShip2

    RoadsoftheRim

    Rimworld:SpartanFoundry'

    AndroidTiers++Extension

    [sd]advancedpowergeneration'

    DubsRimkit

    CraftableGlitterworldMedicine

    Misc.Robots

    MendAndRecycle

    In-wallcoolersandvents[1.0]

    Discussion

    I like combat extended. It can be so divisive, but it improves realism, and allows for pawn loadouts. It adds embrasures. I don't like its mass/bulk system, or the 500 varieties of ammo. Too many numbers. I started the game with ammo turned off, and couldn't build shells and therefore landmines. FSX and Promethium had trader issues. Other mods need patching to run with it. I would still use this mod.

    Special shoutout to Rimworld Mod Sorter (RWMS) for being the most difficult mod to run. 3 contradictory guides, subscribe on steam , then install python and run a script? Beats me.

    The bins provided in Vanilla Furniture make and excellent combination with the Doormats. I eliminated 99% of base cleaning using this.

    Android tiers is great. 2 haulbots and a cleanbot kept everything flowing 24/7. Would rather T1/T2 androids ran on electricity not food. T1 should come mindless as standard. I tried the extension but ran into debug errors, hope the authors can merge the two?

    The Vertibird was a godsend. No more 6 day alpaca caravans. An end to steel shortages.

    Bad Hygiene was good. Worth the early game mood debuffs for the mid game happiness boost.

    Sparkling worlds I got because I wanted to make better medicine, and ended up with a whole lot more. Enjoyed this. Plasma guns felt OP.

    Extended prosthetics is the reason I bought the game.

    Never got round to using A Dog Said to create a mecha-thrumbo army.

    At time of writing this, Save Our Ship 2 is still quite recent. Shame I didn't get to play it.

    Rimworld overall rating

    10/10. Addictive as hell. After 362 hours in 5 months, it is time to uninstall.

    Maybe.

    submitted by /u/dangerbell666
    [link] [comments]

    Conditional production

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 05:46 AM PST

    Hi,

    I've been trying, but don't know if it is possible. I want to set the stove bill to produce meals until there are 20 of any kind. Make it Nice, but if the ingredients for nice are not available, then make it simple until I have 20 meals of any kind. If I set the order for simple meals, it will check only how many simple meals I have, and I end up with 20 fine and 20 simple meals. I don't want to have more than 20 because that's the amount my colonist eat before it spoils and I don't want to rely on the freeze just yet.

    If that can't be done, I guess fridges (mod) are the next option.

    submitted by /u/abrahamjpalma
    [link] [comments]

    Vanilla randy-merciless-permadeath tundra-no-growing-season naked-brutality-tribal colony succumbs to mechanoid raid (5507, colorized)

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 09:39 AM PST

    >Goes into bandit camp. >Raider with powerarmor and go juice.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 06:09 PM PST

    Gone, But Not Forgotten

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 11:48 PM PST

    You just can't win with some colonists

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 05:30 PM PST

    I might be playing this too much...

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 09:39 AM PST

    I had a dream I installed 10 turrets for defense. They immediately attacked my colonists. I had no way of fixing it. People died, including two who were about to be married.

    I might need some help

    submitted by /u/Dodger_Rej3ct
    [link] [comments]

    Risus Sardonicus skillfully pierced Reddit’s upvotes

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 11:35 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment