• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 28, 2019

    RimWorld Look at my 177-mod colony!

    RimWorld Look at my 177-mod colony!


    Look at my 177-mod colony!

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 11:50 AM PST

    I Fixed It!

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 12:55 AM PST

    i really like that mod

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 06:27 PM PST

    Firefoam poppers irl

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 12:15 AM PST

    Terroristic Yams

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 08:24 AM PST

    Fauvist Politician

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 12:08 PM PST

    Off-site mining camp. Materials are shipped back to the main colony every few days.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 04:49 PM PST

    How I envision the first conversation between my colony and a trade caravan Credit to @lonniemillsap on Instagram

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 06:30 PM PST

    TWO HOURS. TWO HOURS IS ALL IT TOOK FOR THIS DUMB GAZZELE TO WANDER OVER AND MUNCH ON SOME LUCY

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 06:40 PM PST

    Life imitates art - Firefoam popper!

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 12:02 PM PST

    You can build Walls on Bridges

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 06:23 AM PST

    Feeling a bit dense for not knowing this, and I'm sure many people knew this, but I just discovered it. Fixed all of my design and security issues in a swampy area.

    submitted by /u/MacRavyn
    [link] [comments]

    Hard lessons on the first year

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 05:00 AM PST

    Amusing as it might have been, I was never satisfied with the outcome of my colonies, past the first year. It's not that I was decimated or anything (well, sometimes), but the overall feeling that I performed very poorly. Finally, I get the grab of it, at least on easy difficulty, not hating what my colony looks like.

    Things I learned.

    1. You cannot start building the perfect base from day 1. You can try, but you will die. The perfect base is not going to be completed in time to provide shelter, and you'll be taking away work from more vital tasks.
    2. Related to the above, you must set your priorities to fulfill whatever immediate risk you are going to face, nothing more, nothing else. First year's events were consistently the same: a mad animal, one raider, a heat wave, an escaped slave (followed by the pursuer), a plague on crops and a colonist from an escape pod. Non-event related risks are also the same: unhealthy food, low mood (they don't want to work because they had to eat without a table, sleep without a bed, or outside or in the cold/heat, or because everything is so ugly).
    3. You don't have to produce life-saving stuff efficiently in the begginning, just produce what you are going to need. It doesn't matter if your cooker has to travel twice and work outside to prepare those 3 or 4 meals, as long as they get cooked today. You don't need a freezer, just prepare what you are going to consume today. Even a campfire will do. Otherwise you will be eating crude berries and risking food poisoning.
    4. You need clothes before summer, but cloth crops won't do in time. You'll make it with leathers.
    5. Avoid melee fights at all costs. You can't afford to lose one of your starting pawns workforce for one day or two (and medicines, and food), this delays everything. I've found two solutions. If you can set traps, place a few scattered where your pawns might be working. In case a danger appear, move behind the trap and shoot, between the hits and the trap, luckily your threat won't be able to move faster than your hunter. If you didn't set a few traps (why not? lolligagin?), just call all your three colonist to fight together. NOTE: This does not work agains pack animals, such a hoard of angry elephants killing your hunter and the rest of the base just because. Don't disturb those yet.
    6. Sleeping spots are useful for allocating new colonists/prisoners. Just beware a few things. A barrack with more than 3 people will get frequent mood penalties. Anything you had in a room with a prisoner bed will be reserved for the prisoner, so don't you ever lock a prisoner where you keep the important stuff (like your food).
    7. In order to fight the crop plague, it's better to set the fields to not plowing. Otherwise, your farmer will be plowing new crops that get infested immediatly, while not working on cutting the ill plants as it should be done. Just remember to let them plow it again once the plague is eliminated.
    8. Your pawns might look busy, but maybe they are losing too much time moving things around. If you can't afford shelves, set a few 1x1 or 2x1 storage areas where you need critical stuff to be carried. Important things are vegetables near the cooker, herbs near the doctor, leathers near the tailor, hay near the barns, wood near the wood generator. This works too if you have a project far away from your main storage area
    9. Once your outdoor crops start to die in fall, harvest everything no matter how mature they are, they aren't going to survive longer.
    10. Make roofs one tile larger than the buildings, it prevents snow and plants, so you can walk easily at any time. Flowers are a nice outdoors view, but they die in winter.
    11. Nobody likes tainted clothes. If you don't need them for strict survival, then burn them at a campfire.
    12. Storage room doors can be left opened for increased efficiency. Just don't let them opened if they contain food, as it will get lots of uninvited pests in winter. Unless you want your hunter to hunt at home, that is.
    13. Grouping rooms by heat requirements is useful, but is hard to scale.
    submitted by /u/abrahamjpalma
    [link] [comments]

    this game is great because husbands will go from being in love one second (100/89 opinion) to having a fist fight inside the mayors room another (48/19)

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 10:42 PM PST

    Yeahhh right... Helping.... Absolutely!

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 05:40 AM PST

    What did that one colonist do to deserve being killed or executed?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 07:44 PM PST

    I'm curious to know what your colonists (non pyromaniac we've all heard it/experienced it) have done to deserve to be executed at point blank range or told to go punch a panther.

    I just had Rad, some jerk off I bought off a slave trader thinking he'd be of use, executed by his own lover, on the floor of my brand new research room. I was going to have my sniper do it but I didn't want anyone to hate him, and Rad's lover just happened to be the only other person in the colony with a gun. I had my sniper down him and continue shooting but had him stop so that Ophelia could do the deed.

    Now, what lead to Rad getting executed on the floor of my laboratory? Well, its a short story of a lazy, perpetually whiny bastard who did nothing to help the colony besides haul and clean.

    I have a constant supply of ferals barraging my colony of two brothers, Pyotr and Wade. Wade is a priest - see, I plan on using Pyotr, my sniper, to down enemies who can then be kidnapped. Wade will then remove all their parts, including their heart - and here's the kicker: with the resurrection spell, I can bring back all those deliciously expensive parts to life and do it all over again. I've managed to do it 10 times in the past before a more deserving subject comes along. Sometimes I beat the prisoners up or leave them to starve in a fallout while my colonists party in the forest nearby. Not even death will let you escape my cruelty. I should note I've been having quite the struggle with this base due to Wade's pacifism and the lack of guns, plus food has been harder to come by so I'm a little stressed about this base.

    So where does Rad come along? Well, its a big base, and two people against the world is a bit difficult when you're racking in the wealth due to expensive organ harvesting facilities. A slave trader came along and inside was Rad. I bought him instead of the ascetic night owl with similar stats (who was also a tad cheaper but I figured the more expensive slaves are usually better) and planned on having him as my colony farmer and general laborer.

    Instead of farming what did I get? A lazy cry baby. While all my other colonists have high moods, this dickhead was always at risk of breaking. He didn't even have any mental threshhold traits or mood debuff traits! He broke a few times and when I have a colony of splendor like right now that is unacceptable unless you've had terrible losses as of recently.. like his lover has had recently. What really pissed me off was when I had him rescue a downed spacer who only had 4 hours left to live. I knew they wouldn't make it unless my priest healed him with a spell before he could get to a bed, so when he got back with the almost dead body I had him drafted so that he'd drop the spacer. The spacer died before I could finish the healing spell but no matter, I have a resurrection spell and despite my edginess I'm not all that mean. I use the spell but before it could end, he FUCKING PICKS THE BODY UP AND BEGINS HAULING IT TO THE DUMP. My priest misses his mark and gets Mana Sickness (Severely Ill).

    For those who don't use a Rimworld of Magic, Resurrection using almost ALL the mana of a mage and puts them into a stink for several days while they recover from mana sickness. I basically can't heal anyone for 2-3 days and he's going to be fucking useless because he walks at a snail pace and has the consciousness of Rad's spirit animal, who is probably a Koala, a chlamydia infected species of team B marsupials.

    He recently decided to bang a random lady I brought in, which only served to piss me off more considering at this point he'd done enough for me to banish him and now I risk having another colonist getting upset should Rad get hurt. I've been hurting for weapons severely and right now its only his Lover Ophelia and Pyotr who can fight. We get a raid with a relationship, Wade's daughter and Pyotr's niece, and Pyotr + Ophelia manage to hold them off without killing the relationship, however Ophelia goes down. Pyotr rescues Ophelia, Bella (the last colonist I have) captures another raider, and Rad captures the relationship.

    When they get to the prison, I block the exit because their wounds were really bad and I couldn't risk letting them get medicine. They needed to stop the bleeding immediately or I risked a serious mood debuff to my two most important colonists. Instead of healing the Very Important Prisoner, like Bella does with her VUP (very unimportant prisoner), Rad decides HE'S GONNA FUCKING GO TO SLEEP. RIGHT THERE. FUCK IT IF SHE HAS 2 HOURS LEFT TO LIVE, HE NEEDS A FUCKING NAP. He is a little damaged, nail guns go fucking everywhere afterall, but thats no excuse to let someone die because you missed a night of sleep. I force him awake to do his duties and he saves the daughter but I'm still very upset with him.

    After that I decided he's lost his leg privileges. Not a bad fate considering he has a lover and can just lay in bed all day getting laid. I order to have them removed but I can only remove his left leg - his right leg is dAmaGEd. Before I can have it healed with magic, he gets up in the middle of the night and decides FUCK IT I'M GONNA BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF EVERYONE ELSE, STARTING WITH BELLA.

    Bella was up late at night for some reason in the research room doing her duties because she's not a lazy whiny bitch who can handle a little bit of bullet wounds. Rad goes in and tries to attack her but I draft her and order her out the room. Pyotr's bedroom was nearby and he was returning from his late night snack, so I draft him and have him shoot Rad with a sleep dart. The sleep dart connects and he goes down but I've decided enough is enough. Not only was he a lazy, useless colonist but he was also a murderous psychopath and I had to remove him from this existence. I order Pyotr to continue shooting but he keeps on failing to make the fatal blow, until I notice Ophelia - the only other person with a gun. Ophelia loads into him a few times with her nail gun, and Rad is officially killed.

    So ends the story of Rad the Bitch. I left him to rot so that he could never be resurrected. Might recruit a necromancer if given the chance and have him bring him back as an undead slave.

    So that brings me to my question, why was your colonist executed?

    submitted by /u/Glorious_Jo
    [link] [comments]

    I bought the Name in Game DLC!

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 02:09 AM PST

    Woot woot, here's hoping we see Beta 'Nug' Eggberts in the future! Please let me know if you do! Oh, and has anyone else gotten theirs in?

    submitted by /u/BetaChorale
    [link] [comments]

    What a bad place for bugs....

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 08:16 PM PST

    *cue Charge of the Rohirrim*

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 06:08 PM PST

    Did you even love your wife? Are you fake grieving? She's only been dead a few days, man!

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 04:30 AM PST

    Seems like some artwork one might see on the rim

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 02:42 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment