• Breaking News

    Monday, November 9, 2020

    RimWorld I'm curious on what the community's stance are on CE.

    RimWorld I'm curious on what the community's stance are on CE.


    I'm curious on what the community's stance are on CE.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 07:41 PM PST

    Comment down if you like to on what you think about Combat Extended and the things it adds.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/OptimisticBreadPiece
    [link] [comments]

    The most powerful trait of them all

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 02:18 AM PST

    TIL if you have medpod you dont need to stay bedridden in order to control surrogates

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 10:05 PM PST

    I've lost days of my life playing Dwarf Fortress. I bought Rimworld two days ago and right now my only question is "Why the hell didn't I buy this game YEARS ago!?!?"

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 07:17 AM PST

    I've heard a bunch of good things about Rimworld over the years, but I've always put off buying it, until two days ago.

    I was hooked instantly.

    I saw the text that emphasized Rimworld as something like a "story generator", and my first thought was "They understand why I play games like these".

    I realized this game had a tutorial, and I was overjoyed because Dwarf Fortress isn't exactly beginner-friendly.

    I saw the results of the world generator and I was impressed. I saw it generate frigid tundras and searing deserts, and I could hear them say "Come find us when you get bored in the temperate forests, if you think you're hard enough."

    I went to the pawn selection screen and I was astounded by the varied traits, backstories, and appearances the game had to provide. And I was even more astonished when I discovered that characters could have familial relationships.

    At first, I was slightly disappointed by the relatively small amount of skills compared to Dwarf Fortress. This did not last long. Mainly, this is because Dwarf Fortress has an absurd amount of skills, and many of them are quite useless. This is coupled with Dwarf Fortresses migrant waves, so you inevitably end up with lots of useless cheese-makers, fish-cleaners, and wood-burners that you need to re-purpose. With Rimworld's reduced number of skills and reduced number of pawns, NOBODY feels useless, and it's easier to get attached to your pawns.

    As another example, Dwarf Fortress is detailed to the point where there are separate skills for bone doctoring, diagnosing, surgery, suturing, and wound dressing, while Rimworld only has a blanket "Medical" skill. Likewise, a hospital in Dwarf Fortress would need a supply of crutches, splints, thread, cloth, buckets, plaster powder (for casts), and soap. How do you get soap in Dwarf Fortress? Well, first you'll need to chop some wood, burn the wood to ash in a wood furnace, use the ash to make lye at an ashery. Then, you'll need to butcher an animal and render said animal's fat into tallow, or you can mill seeds at a quern or millstone, and then press the seed paste at a screw press to make oil. Then, you can make the soap with the lye and tallow or oil at a soap maker's workshop. Yeah. I much prefer Rimworld's health system, even if it is "simplified".

    Then I saw that one of my pawns had been bitten on their second toe on their left foot by a rat or something and I discovered that Rimworld's health system wasn't quite as simplified as I thought.

    Then I saw how a pawn's mood is affected by the quality of their food and quality of their bedroom.

    I saw that I had to make "walk-in freezers" to keep my food from spoiling and I realized how much effort must have gone into the temperature system.

    I then got attacked by for the first time and I was delighted to actually be able to properly see what was going on. And then, as the attacker fell to the ground, wounded but alive, I realized I had a choice. I could put him out his misery, or I could capture him. Interesting... A little while later, I had recruited him and now he's a lover of one of my initial pawns. But I could have sold him into slavery or done other unsavory things to him.... I guess there's a reason why both Rimworld and Dwarf Fortress appear on the tvtropes page for "video game cruelty potential".

    I've gotten to the point where the pirates have launched their first raid on me. I survived a five-person raid from a different group a while ago, but these pirates look dangerous. One of them has a molotov cocktail, and I get the feeling that won't mix well with my fortifications.

    Still, even if my pawns die, I'm sure I'll have !!FUN!! while they die.

    I'd like to thank the developers for making this masterpiece.

    submitted by /u/ajshell1
    [link] [comments]

    RIP. I forgot to pause when I went AFK, mechs landed into my base and killed every person.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 02:20 AM PST

    My nephew edited the difficulty settings names

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 01:08 PM PST

    Some of you have never eaten without a table and it shows.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 05:14 PM PST

    I used to think it was stupid until someone handed me a sandwich with no place to sit down. It had two halves. It was a nightmare.

    submitted by /u/Gear_
    [link] [comments]

    Space Scientists Are The Worst

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 10:26 PM PST

    Unpopular opinion: I save people from organ harvesting operation

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 05:29 PM PST

    First time playing in naked brutality and the first year passed without any particular troubles... Hoping to get more people soon

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 05:37 AM PST

    Right when I set a colonist on a caravan, he has a heart attack and dies....

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 08:08 AM PST

    Yeah torturing pawns is cool, but have you ever tortured yourself?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 08:08 AM PST

    The bravest Husky

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 07:35 AM PST

    Had a good colony going. Lots of food, weapons and everyone was happy.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 04:26 AM PST

    Just got raided by mechs. 6 centipedes, two lancers landed directly on colonist sleeping quarters. Didn't stand a chance, instantly all my colony was downed. Sad days : (

    submitted by /u/jojooke
    [link] [comments]

    That joke is disgusting!!!

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 08:07 AM PST

    Thats nice....i guess?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 10:31 PM PST

    Was promised 7 troopers but only got one, I was scammed.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 06:39 PM PST

    My 578 day Randy community builder save

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 09:12 AM PST

    I am the only one who f**** up my colony with 10 raids at once when i'm done with it ?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 06:00 AM PST

    Rimworld in the time of Covid

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 07:28 PM PST

    Anyone knows the name of this mod?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 08:43 AM PST

    How we deal with bugs in the Brotherhood

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 07:06 AM PST

    I'm newish to rimworld and was wondering what the best base setup is? Is a self enclosed base or a village style more efficient?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 06:41 AM PST

    I've been having trouble as of late getting my colony to grow. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/fourtyxtwo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment