• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 8, 2020

    RimWorld Never have I seen such a worthy candidate to become a human hat

    RimWorld Never have I seen such a worthy candidate to become a human hat


    Never have I seen such a worthy candidate to become a human hat

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 06:59 PM PST

    Wise words.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 01:02 AM PST

    After 2 manhunter packs with 80 elephants each, I guess my protein needs will be met for the foreseeable future

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 03:31 AM PST

    Oh, yes, the worst war crime in history

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 07:17 AM PST

    “yeah the baby does look like you sweetie”

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 10:38 PM PST

    When your surgeon has brain damage so you have your 10-yr old do your brain surgery.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 03:27 AM PST

    Never thought I'd witness the birds and the bees talk between a father and son. This has to be the most social thing I've ever seen in this game

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 04:54 AM PST

    That map is great, I could build the greatest fortress inside that natural valley

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 07:07 PM PST

    I'm sitting here alone in darkness, waiting to be free

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 06:56 AM PST

    One of my pawns died today, decided to draw a little homage to her

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 01:26 PM PST

    So this is how world infections look like

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 05:52 AM PST

    How Rimworld taught me valuable life lessons

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 04:25 PM PST

    There's not many games that utterly transform your life like Rimworld. I used to be a poor farmer like you, growing potatoes because I didn't know any better and now I grow corn and plan ahead and build all my buildings out of stone so things don't burn down.

    I also know how to take care of a body, and how anything in the world can be said flirtatiously if you try hard enough. You wouldn't believe how much lovin' I get just from chatting about AIs.

    I know that I can stay perfectly calm through the deaths of my loved ones but then take out my anger at a speck of dust on the floor by smashing everything to bits. So freeing.

    Though I still have to eat something every 6 hours or I go catatonic, I have learned ancient meditation practices that have increased my focus and strength of mind.

    As far as work, I know that the universe is often too busy to care about what I do in the day to day and so I try to do as little as possible, doing tiny task after task alternating at opposite ends of the space, never doing the entire task all at once where I am at. I do this so everyone feels like they are involved, it supports the community. A community that works together stays together.

    I like to play chess now, but only when I am alone. I play better when I am alone.

    Another skill I picked up was learning how to cook. Apparently if you finesse it enough, you can make an amazing meal out of any two things - you name it. Agave and panther meat? No problem. Corn and bug innards? Sure. Milk and Chicken? Absolutely. And then when you're done you can just drop the bowl right there on the floor, have a slobbering dog pick it up with his mouth and carry it into another room with a dirt floor, where it will sit for several days on the ground and have no issues for anyone!

    ---

    FR though I have been practicing storytelling, and just learned how mailchimp works and set up a mailing list for my new story.

    Check out Episode 1: Unsanctioned Magic, a story about Apryl Eisenach, a humble acolyte into a necromancer cult turned Queen of Hades, a story that has lots of drama and rivalry. https://t.ly/iPGx

    I also have learned to prioritize emergencies and plan long term where there are lots of elements to consider. I think the game also taught me that setbacks aren't the end of the story and sometimes tragedy produces something beautiful.

    What things have you learned playing Rimworld?

    submitted by /u/fryjah
    [link] [comments]

    Corpse obsession

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 06:28 PM PST

    I wish I had recorded it but I was too shocked to react... I just had my first "Corpse obsession" psychotic break. One of my colonists dug up an old, rotting colonist body and plunked it right on the dining table on top of someone's breakfast. I am crying laughing... I didn't know that could happen!

    submitted by /u/DormantDormaus
    [link] [comments]

    I believe I've found my favourite game. Not sure if allowed, but I want to show the results of my first colony!

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 08:48 PM PST

    Calm down Ben

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 03:40 AM PST

    "All you have to do is press the button and you'll be free."

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 03:47 AM PST

    Holy crap, this might be the most addictive game ever!

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 02:16 AM PST

    I just started playing two days ago, because I kept finding Rimworld posts on my Reddit and the game looked weirdly interesting so I thought I would give it a shot. I'm now starting my fifth new base because each time I see myself picking up so much that I feel like I would do so much better with a fresh start. What an awesome game!

    submitted by /u/fckingenius139
    [link] [comments]

    I drew concept art for what Cataphract armor might look like.

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 01:29 PM PST

    My spaceship has a case of penguinitis

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 07:43 AM PST

    A RPG series that can only be described as a crossbreed between Call of Duty, Destiny, and Fallout.

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 09:13 PM PST

    So, in the past, I ran a RPG-themed RimWorld game, with custom factions, with the faction leaders being actual players that played with the RimWorld multiplayer mod, and we used different planets that resembled Earth, Mars, Mercury, Venus, and then planets that are a little more far away such as 55 Cancri E, and others. These factions regularly clashed, and there was a 'story mode' that was created through what the players did. Factions included smuggling rings, detective agencies, federations, independent planets, terrorist organizations, raider bands, and others.

    The reason I'm making this post? I want to do a second one of these, and I want to post the storyline of this in the RimWorld subreddit for everyone to see. Every once in a while, I'll post what I consider enough information to be a "chapter" of the RimWorld RPG that these people play in. Unlike last time where players can just be like "oh well I own a galaxy lol xd", there will be 16 players that are faction leaders, and then after that everyone that joins will be just starting out as peasants. These players can be content with just playing the game like it's usually played (regularly ending removed), or they can participate in the RPG's politics, rise through the ranks, and create criminal syndicates, federations of their own, anything they can dream of and actually achieve, they can do. And yes, players can lose e v e r y t h i n g in this RPG, and these events are the most thrilling to discuss.

    Factions in the last RPG included The Wasteland Protectorate, a "vigilante republic" that detailed itself as the New California Republic from Fallout, which protected smaller, weaker planets that the players played on (as raiders and others can actually attack and seize control of planets), there was, of course, the Russian Galactic Federation (and a Ukrainian one, too!), a popular detective organization that players used to gain information on other players, called Morgan's Detective Agency, who could do missions to increase the agencies wealth to earn Morgan's favor, and so much more. I'm really excited to do this again, and I know it will happen because I have 33 players already interested.

    I'd really love to get a 'storyline' for it going here, with a beginning, rising action, climax, and an ending, for all of you people to see, but I'll only do it if the general consensus (and moderators) will allow it, because I understand a post between once every two days to once a week, could be sort of annoying. Thoughts?

    Picture is NOT mine, this is the profile picture that the 'High Commander' of The Wasteland Protectorate used on Discord. Artist logo pointed out, and credit goes to https://www.pinterest.cl/pin/320388960989822754/

    submitted by /u/The-Soul-Cairn
    [link] [comments]

    I never knew that they partnered with Untitled Goose Game.

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 11:10 PM PST

    Just when I was wondering how am I gonna get some food

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 07:55 AM PST

    This went better than I thought!

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 08:21 PM PST

    Tip: Not a fan of random instant death due to a shot in the heart? As of 1.2 it can be customized in the difficulty settings.

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 04:14 PM PST

    I'm sure some people didn't notice this addition or may be confused what the setting means, but it's called "Colonist Instant Kills" under the custom difficulty settings. This adjusts the chance, upon receiving a lethal hit to a vital body part, that the colonist will instantly die as opposed to simply receiving some massive wounds that need tending. Though this should be stated: It only affects your colonists, not enemies. So it objectively makes the game easier, but it's a great setting if those instant deaths just aren't satisfying to you!

    submitted by /u/Afropenguinn
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment