• Breaking News

    Monday, September 28, 2020

    RimWorld r/mildlyinfuriating called!

    RimWorld r/mildlyinfuriating called!


    r/mildlyinfuriating called!

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 05:36 PM PDT

    Colonist Counter Sniping a Lancer! (Artwork by ATTF/ No_Tables)

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 07:24 AM PDT

    Used the Statue of Colonist mod and made a statue of a bone armored colonist and im petrified.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 08:12 AM PDT

    Oof.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 10:22 AM PDT

    I actually beat the game!!

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 11:28 AM PDT

    I guess I should try to remember that psychic ships can drive guests berserk, even if I don't have any colonists of the affected gender myself...

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 11:42 AM PDT

    My necromancer's undead army of miners. Kinda spooky, but extremely efficient.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 08:43 PM PDT

    My colonist got a chance to fulfill his lifelong dream today

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 04:43 PM PDT

    Things are calm, way too calm...

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 12:19 AM PDT

    Losing is fun arid shrubland with +10 heat from pirates is fun

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 09:14 PM PDT

    Doomer Couple Goals

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 10:38 AM PDT

    I think it's too much Yayo (I need 3 elephants to carry the caravan)

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 05:28 PM PDT

    Trouble with Mechanoids? Just equip all your colonists with short bows and see what happens

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 07:55 PM PDT

    Social Interactions need to be overhauled.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 05:44 AM PDT

    I know I posted about this a few months ago, but after seeing conversations and discussing about it in Rimworld discord server, it is clear that social interactions are lacking a lot of depth and I managed to actually get some good ideas.

    So here are my suggestions:

    Kind words should not be exclusive to the kind trait,

    Most colonists shouldn't insult others unless they are already having bad relations. They should have the ability to apologize, share secrets, spread rumors like the mod rumor has it, however that mod is kinda broken, with pawns apologizing for no reason etc. Plus original dev abandoned it. Also culture clash, pawns with different backstories could be able to accidentally insult each other.

    Colonists should have a +5 if they are in the same colony.

    Trade Caravans pawns should not just be interacting on the world map, randomizing pawns relations in a caravan would make it more realistic. Colony pawns should also be able to talk with them and visitors and have friendships. (I know Hospitality adds it but I don't want it in a mod, I want it in vanilla or a mod including it.)

    When discovering there lovers or relatives, they should get a mood buff and a relations buff, if you crashed, lost a good amount of blood and waking in up in a hospital with your relative/lover you would pretty damn happy.

    Social interactions should actually matter, not just random talk, like maybe in the crash landed scenario, they might discuss their plans for surviving. Or when finding their lover they will talk about how surprised they found each other.

    Chit chat and deep talk shouldnt be limited to the 2.

    Friends shouldn't forget EACH OTHER, like it should have a trust base system, not talking for a quadrum shouldn't make them forget each other.

    Additional social interactions.

    Advanced conversation with multiple colonists than just 2. Cliques can form etc.

    Pawns can "comfort" each other when bad things happen however bad pawns with like a "bully" or "psychopath" traits can insult them.

    Romance sucks, if 2 pawns have high relations point or whatever randomly breaking up makes no sense, Rational Romance 2 kinda fixes it.

    Ugly pawns should still be able to have friends, by using a "trust" system surviving and helping the colony for a good chunk of time should be appreciated.

    Psychology kinda adds it some of what I listed above; But from testing and playing no one really is friends with each other even after having recreation together for years even.

    Social buff when doing recreation together. But possibility of debuff. Not every match of Hoop stone is peaceful. And mood debuff.

    More things colonists doing together. Hanging out together by walking together, or playing together like I said above.

    Actions should be more appreciated. A doctor saving the colony by tending to the wounds of the injured saving them from infection needs to be appreciated but NOOOO they hate him cause he lost his nose.

    If your friend died the mood debuff should be lower and longer. Funerals might be a good idea.

    Pawns should be able to kiss,hug, cry blah blah blah who cares next suggestion.

    I found bigger colonies newer pawns rarely have friends,

    pawns can invite new pawns or pawns with small relations "points"

    to do stuff with them like a drink of beer, walk or a chess match.

    Mods that you could take from

    Do something for idle

    Rumor has it

    Grim reality

    Rational Romance 2

    Unfortunately they actually don't add much of what I suggested.

    Maybe I am stupid, and if I am I apologies I am not the brightest, but please consider what I have said.

    tldr pawns should not be dumb

    submitted by /u/pootisMan56
    [link] [comments]

    We all have that one colonist who is constantly on a trade mission make sure to check in on them once in a while. This is the muffalo, Betty.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 11:02 AM PDT

    Paint over of a scene I like of that movie that one guy made

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 11:34 PM PDT

    Final question. How do your pawns sleep?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 04:52 AM PDT

    I forgot to build a door and dozens of wild animals literally having a hangover after they found their way to my beer stash. God I love this game !

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 05:02 PM PDT

    I just wanna say that Scorpion died in that social fight, i think muffalo is some kind of a god?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 04:07 AM PDT

    Any mod for autonomous melee combat?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 02:54 AM PDT

    In my recent playthrough i am technologically capped at medieval level and thus rely heavily on melee combat. It is mostly fine, but there is one thing that rubs me the wrong way and it is that rimworld melee is obviously made for defence. I hate the fact that if i dont click each individual enemy, my big vikingy bois do not bash skulls and just sorta stand there even if the enemy is literally two cells away. I feel like the game needs a button similar to "release animals" that makes all of your fluffy pets charge, but for colonists, so that they can reliably attack and pursue the retreating enemy on their own,instead of me breaking my mouse by doing it manually.

    I remember seeing a mod that adds something like this in an old youtube video, but cant for the life of me remember the name of the mod, or even the series i saw it in. I remember the button looking similar to "run and gun" though.

    So, maybe any of you guys know it or remember the name of that mod, or some other similar one.

    submitted by /u/Yucky_Yak
    [link] [comments]

    Decided I needed to stop building single building colonies. Also, first Randy run!

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 08:37 PM PDT

    Mods just keep adding up

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 06:24 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment