• Breaking News

    Thursday, September 10, 2020

    RimWorld Nearly shat myself when my 2-person convoy got held up by a 16-man pirate group...except it was actually just one guy and 15 Autocleaners.

    RimWorld Nearly shat myself when my 2-person convoy got held up by a 16-man pirate group...except it was actually just one guy and 15 Autocleaners.


    Nearly shat myself when my 2-person convoy got held up by a 16-man pirate group...except it was actually just one guy and 15 Autocleaners.

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 10:20 PM PDT

    A little something I made to build up some hype.

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 05:34 AM PDT

    One of my colonists is married to the High Stellarch of the Empire

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 06:23 PM PDT

    The good news, A Sliver meteorite crashed! The bad news? Where it landed....

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 05:58 AM PDT

    My take on the Cataphract Armor.

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 05:11 AM PDT

    Roofs can be used as firebreaks

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 12:12 PM PDT

    My pawn might be blind...

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 12:12 AM PDT

    Just finish her off already you psychopath

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 07:27 AM PDT

    Ben's ex-wife made fun of his dick in the middles of his wedding

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 11:22 AM PDT

    Cursed room - no work can be done in there, no building can be built, cannot even force a pawn to do anything there... I am scared

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 05:05 AM PDT

    This game is the worst and this is why

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 01:32 PM PDT

    I'm a new-ish Rimworld player and I'm here to tell you why this game is - not just in my opinion, but objectively - the worst.

    So, after a first few test runs/failed colonies, I'm on my first long run with my tribe going on its third ingame year. I'm playing on low-ish difficulty, and among the early game challenges Cassandra threw at me, one was a posse of maddened cats infected with Scaria disease. One of them survived the hail of bullets, and I couldn't get myself to finish off a sick cat - so I rescued her, patched her up and cured her disease. When she got better I assigned her to stay indoors so she wouldn't get hunted, built her a cushy cloth pet bed - great, I have a cat now!

    Then a few ingame days later, I get the message that she was "no longer incapable of walking". Weird I thought, I already healed her, so I checked if the Scaria somehow came back or if she got into a scrap - nope. The little devil got into my stash of beer and was fucking hammered.

    I immediately changed her area settings to cut her off my supply, but... turns out that the damage was already done - one binge and my little Scaredy ended up developping both a carcinoma and cirrhosis due to her alcohol intake. After all she went through, now all I can do is try to keep her condition stable.

    I also have a labrador retriever. His name is Ripley and he is the last surviving of my beginning 3 pets. Been there with me the whole time, defending my guys and hauling stuff around, my favourite of the bunch - even above Scaredy and my self-tamed Thrumbo. I had never seen another labrador in the game up until now, but just a few moments ago, the caravan I sent to trade goods found a vendor that had labradors - sadly no females to get him a mate, but great! I can finally get Ripley a buddy!

    So I bought a dog, along with some meat for him for the journey, and headed home - and JUST AS I WAS about to reach my colony, guess fucking what?

    Ripley had a heart attack. I sent the doctor to him right away but he arrived too late. He was only 12.

    So screw you Rimworld for being the only game I ever played to give me pets to rescue, train, care for and come to care about, only to give them cancers and heart attacks. Now I have to find an appropriate spot for a graveyard in my base and dig my first grave. Tomorrow because I'm too bummed out right now.

    submitted by /u/FrenchTilapia
    [link] [comments]

    Magical Menagerie updated with three new mythological beasts!

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 03:47 AM PDT

    Huh.

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 03:52 AM PDT

    I'LL SAVE YOU!!!

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 08:03 PM PDT

    Now I understand why guinea pig fur is so expensive. A full outfit might survive in space.

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 01:35 AM PDT

    Today is the day I realised I can't draw a hearth on a poster without it looking like a penis

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 06:43 PM PDT

    map borders in rimworld in a nutshell

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 09:26 AM PDT

    If 2 advanced components are required to build the fabrication bench, and you need a fabrication bench to make advanced components, then how was the first fabrication bench built?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 11:18 PM PDT

    thinking emoji

    submitted by /u/acidwave
    [link] [comments]

    I can't even escape it

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 03:20 PM PDT

    I'm in California right now and the sky is literally orange outside so I'm just sitting indoors playing Rimworld to distract myself from the ash falling outside.

    I get toxic fallout in Rimworld.

    This is just a life simulator at this point.

    submitted by /u/Bazoka8100
    [link] [comments]

    GG... I accepted a quest I shouldn't have

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 09:00 PM PDT

    This is a personal first, losing a solo rich colonist to a mad guinea pig whilst on a food binge

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 05:51 PM PDT

    Networked storyteller

    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 03:59 AM PDT

    Isn't it interesting to dream about a storyteller to surpass randy? A storyteller that is thinking, has motivations, and can smartly analyze your situation and draw up schemes with actual malice? yeah let a human do the storytelling.

    Yes I do know it's rather difficult and crazy time consuming to implement in a usable way, I don't have a lot of hope in seeing this concept done as a mod. And let's be real most of us don't have someone who is willing to act as their storyteller. I was just having a sleepless night K?

    My personal concept, focused on making a plausible experience with strangers:

    Player = player/client, Storyteller = the thing doing the storytelling, including humans.

    Player experience:

    From the players perspective this all happens in the background after selecting the storyteller, though the player can choose a custom lobby IP or a direct connection to a friend and customize settings

    Difficulty and balancing:

    The ability of the storyteller to fire off events depends on the points, the events may cost points. Items may also be selectable on drops.

    The storyteller creates positive and negative or other classifications of points points based on relatively simple rules. The rates and limits of the points get defined by storyteller settings, and are generated on the client, player side. The limit isn't supposed to be hard limit, but used for other decision purposes below.

    Storyteller entertainment:

    Storytellers really have to feel like they're doing an impact. At least a private per player note scheme would be important, it would ease up managing multiple players at once.

    They get an overview of basic data, storytelling points, storyteller event history, wealth history, quests and pawn history, and some ability to view the colony one screenshot per minute may be enough for satisfaction of seeing the colony burn.

    There could be a per player storyteller note space for story narratives, intentions or the players weak points, that other storytellers can use, or a chat for storytellers per lobby and player.

    Lobby + fallback:

    The active players get connected to some sort of lobby. Players nearing a point limit will be shown on the top of the list.

    Fallback 1: The lobby not only has players and wishing storytellers, but curated user submitted scripts. If a player has been over the point limit for a while, one randomly selected script will do a bit of it's own storytelling. If many players don't get enough human storytelling, the scripts will be taking control faster and earlier.

    Fallback 2: downloading the scripts from the lobby for offline use, this can probably also be it's own storyteller option.

    Fallback 3: A completely offline randy replica or completely passing off to another storyteller

    Lobby mode ideas:

    1. Storytellers connect and lock onto how many players they want, it's not like the storyteller needs to fire off an event every 2 minutes, though storytellers will get disconnected for reaching a point limit.
    2. the same as 1, except multiple storytellers can connect to a player with a player defined limit with a default.
    3. Free for all, every storyteller can freely look and do stuff with any player.
    submitted by /u/Grapevegetable0
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment