• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 25, 2020

    RimWorld Typical Tuesday Tutorial Thread -- August 25, 2020

    RimWorld Typical Tuesday Tutorial Thread -- August 25, 2020


    Typical Tuesday Tutorial Thread -- August 25, 2020

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 01:14 AM PDT

    Please use this thread as a week-to-week space to ask your fellow /r/RimWorld colonists for assistance. Whether it be colony planning, help with mods, or general guidance, post any questions you may have here! If you have an effort post about a game mechanic then this is also fine space for that but please consider making a separate subreddit post for maximum visibility. I am a bot, so I can't make jokes. If you'd like a Typical Tuesday joke, or if there are any problems with this post, please message the moderators of the subreddit.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Who needs a new hat?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 07:17 PM PDT

    So glad I prepared dining room with a party spot!

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 05:37 AM PDT

    When someone tells you to have a good sleep

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 10:28 PM PDT

    Off to a good start already

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 09:20 PM PDT

    You ever see a colonist get done so dirty it's just sad?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 02:40 PM PDT

    So Onesan is one of my original colonists and my main fighter. Great builder, lost her nose and a hand and taken a dozen other bullets over the last two years. Nobody has given more for the colony.

    Polo and Onesan are married right, and after a raid Onesan gets pretty banged up. So she goes to see her husband the doc bleeding all over the floor. This is the time Polo decides is perfect to divorce her. So naturally she insults him because what the fuck is that move you know? Anyway he thanks her for defending the colony by starting a social fight over it and beating her.

    They're both pretty useful so I just pretend nothing happened and life goes on. She's tough, anyway mechs come in and we hold on but she loses a leg and a lung. She gets patched up, all is looking well. She gets a surgery for a prosthetic leg and... She dies. I'd rather she died fighting but hey that's how it is. At least it wasn't Polo that did it. So Polo gets out from his own medical bed, drags himself to a nice spot for a sarcophagus and lays Onesan to rest. "The sarcophagus is engraved with an artwork of Polo standing at a distance from Onesan in a moment of great sadness." Awww that's so sweet...

    "Onesan is sobbing. The image relates to the breakup of Polo and Onesan."

    This motherfucker divorced his shot up wife, beat her, then buried her in a sarcophagus decorated with the scene of her crying after being dumped. What the fuck, she was supposed to make it. You ever had someone get done this dirty?

    submitted by /u/SgtSnapple
    [link] [comments]

    My heart skipped a beat

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 05:18 PM PDT

    Last image of my Medieval/Vampires/Cultist/Dragon-taming colony before summoning Chtulu and ending the rimworld! All hail the Ancient Dragon!

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 04:21 AM PDT

    We should be able to upgrade teenagers upon their 20th birthday based on what they've been doing in the colony.

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 04:31 AM PDT

    We already know that the game keeps track of what colonists have done and seen based on Art descriptions so why not leverage that functionality to make teens more useful? As they are now they're basically useless. their skills start out low, they have very few passions and those few are almost always minor, they have 10% less HP on all their body parts, and they get hit harder by drug consumption. Making teens a worthwhile investment could go a long way in expanding the range of pawn viability.

    submitted by /u/darkwarrior2000
    [link] [comments]

    I accepted ONE quest, ONE! WHAT THE FUCK

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 06:07 PM PDT

    Our visitor likes two things: fire, and the rain that puts it out.

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 05:44 AM PDT

    What's your top 3 mods that you can't live without?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 05:58 AM PDT

    Hey all, now 1.2 has been out for a little while. What's your top 3 mods that you can't live without? Ive got many/the basic necessary ones and I'm looking for a few more interesting for a new run later tonight.

    submitted by /u/tomlo1
    [link] [comments]

    This single block has more rhinos than the entire Javan rhinos population.

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 06:38 PM PDT

    *ssss* Did you hear that? ★ Rakkle the rattle snake ★

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 02:03 AM PDT

    Forgot to pause game and everybody died :(

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 07:12 AM PDT

    So, uh... my people made a Memorial to... the labrador retrievers?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 07:06 AM PDT

    [RNS] This is the next theme for furniture mod, By Rinus

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 05:40 PM PDT

    I really, really like animals.

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 06:41 PM PDT

    [RNS] ★Furniture Mod Today's Progress, by Rinus

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 07:11 AM PDT

    All that glitters isn't gold.

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 11:58 PM PDT

    My first time retrieving a Persona core...

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 08:31 PM PDT

    After dozens of hours of playing through my first colony, I've finally come to the point where I'm working to build a ship. I check my stockpiles' inventories and find that, aside from a handful of Uranium, I've gathered most everything needed to build a ship that can safely transport my entire colony, except of course, the Persona core.

    Luckily a few days prior I had received an offer from a local faction leader to tell me where the core is. Unluckily he didn't like me enough to actually tell me the details.

    Many days and nights pass and after copious bribes made through hardcore drugs, the presumably high leader decides he likes me enough to tell me where the core is located. While he's telling me however, I'm warned that Persona cores are extremely valuable, and that it's almost certainly going to be heavily guarded.

    With this information in tow, I begin my preparations for the raid. A week passes throughout which my pawns are hard at work fabricating materials and armaments. At one point the fabricator is literally running day and night as my one night owl takes up the shift his daytime counterpart left.

    Finally the fateful day arrives.

    As soon as they're well rested I take my four best fighters and order them to eat their last meal before heading to the launch bay. By this point they've been equipped with the best gear my armory had to offer; full power armor, 2 master-crafted assault rifles, a charge lance, frag grenades, and even a few psychic lances I bought from a traveling merchant a few days prior. With their gear and a few other essentials loaded, my colonists board the drop pods as I enter in the landing zone.

    Moments later, they're at the site the Chief told us about. I drop them near the edge in order to give us time to prepare. It's silent save for the noise of a couple of boomrats that were grazing nearby. We move forward to the center of the map when we see it...

    A wooden shack... with a couple of mad cows in front of it.

    We atomize the cows and, suspecting more to this encounter, move to the edge of the shack. Not trusting the door, I set up my 4 pawns near the back, my sniper taking a position slightly farther away, and I order my grenadier to throw a single grenade at the edge of the wall so as to not damage anything held within.

    It explodes, opening a single block wide hole and my two assault rifle equipped pawns rush in to find...

    ... a barren 5x5 room with a single passive cooler and the Persona core stuffed in the corner.

    ...

    Thanks Randy

    submitted by /u/MunMur
    [link] [comments]

    When you're violent, but can't do anything else

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 11:37 AM PDT

    I hope y'all like this as much as my first post

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 08:57 AM PDT

    This is why you shouldn't get any second chances

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 07:07 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment