• Breaking News

    Friday, September 4, 2020

    RimWorld "The Finer Things in Life" - Jugust 3rd, 5500

    RimWorld "The Finer Things in Life" - Jugust 3rd, 5500


    "The Finer Things in Life" - Jugust 3rd, 5500

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 08:15 PM PDT

    A Farewell to Arms

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 07:56 AM PDT

    Pro-gamer education move

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 01:59 AM PDT

    Outlanders / Pirates

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 11:49 PM PDT

    Damn.. Raccoons look like that?!

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 12:55 PM PDT

    So I tried out the Pawnmorpher mod for the first time

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 03:22 PM PDT

    Ok Randy geez, no sun i get it

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 04:17 PM PDT

    My worst night on Rimworld...

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 03:03 AM PDT

    I had to share this with people who might relate a bit... I've been playing Rimworld for a few years but only recently went back to it after a break to start streaming a game on Twitch.

    I'm playing a straightforward game, average difficulty, three starting colonists. It's been going okay but my base is hemmed in by marshy land so it's taken a while to get to a point where I feel I can start making proper building plans. Got to eight colonists (and one prisoner that I'm breaking down), but finally getting to a point where it's not all constant firefighting.

    I announce to the two people on Twitch who are watching, and to the universe, "It feels good to get to the point where I can actually start making some plans about layout etc."

    Haven't had a raid in ages, and they're only ever small at this point so finally feel brave enough to send some of my guys out to a nearby quest. Only two days there and two days back. I send four guns, leaving two behind (which has been more than enough til now).

    When my questing squad are almost at the point of no return, the biggest raid I have yet seen attacks my home base. My two guns manage to fight them off, just, taking a beating (and a shooting), but just holding on til the raiders are all either dead or fleeing. I set about getting my four survivors fixed up, amazed and relieved that all survived.

    Two days later, another raid, the same size. My two warriors are still banged up... they try their best, but are overwhelmed. Two of my people get captured, one gets killed, the other severely wounded.

    One of my animals takes him to a hospital bed, but he's just deteriorating and there's nobody there to fix him up. The returning squad are still a day out, and he has hours. He expires, alone in the hospital bed, while animals mill around outside.

    At this point my prisoner, who hasn't been fed in a while because of all the raiding, goes berserk. He breaks out of his prison cell, crazy with hunger, and attacks the first creature he sees, who happens to be sleeping in a stable with all of the other animals I've got. They don't take kindly to it and set about him, wounding the crap out of him. They don't finish him off, though... he bleeds out slowly, eventually dying only an hour or two before the squad returns to find the carnage left behind.

    They return to a bloodstained landscape, although at least in the intervening time my well-trained animals have hauled all the bodies and discarded equipment into storage. So my surviving colonists - now only four remaining - are left to piece together what's happened.

    As Dr. Lucien Sanchez might have it, "a real horrorshow".

    submitted by /u/nixsight
    [link] [comments]

    I love it when Rimworld is accidentally a stealth game...

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 11:27 PM PDT

    Reunion, Part 4 (081)

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 10:07 AM PDT

    Here is one of my mountainous base, any thoughts ?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 03:55 AM PDT

    My little Chernobyl, Im proud

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 05:32 PM PDT

    When you're doing an Ice Sheet run but randy's feeling generous today

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 08:49 PM PDT

    Don't you just love birthday surprises.

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 06:02 PM PDT

    Minor gripe about the otherwise wonderful music in Rimworld

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 05:18 AM PDT

    So I'm sitting here, "deployed" to kuwait and playing Rimworld with my headphones in. Like one does, I kind of lose track of time. Well, a certain track plays and it has a part that's pretty quiet that sounds like the first few notes of "Retreat" and it triggers my anxiety because I say to myself, "Holy crap, is it 1700 already?" only to realize what happened. Doesn't help as the mild panic has already hit me.

    It's like a siren or horn in the music on your radio.

    submitted by /u/shdwrnr
    [link] [comments]

    I really quite like the mechanite forge mod, so I decided to draw some textures. Thoughts?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 07:16 AM PDT

    To whomever’s RealRuins base i just raided 15 days into a new game:

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 02:52 PM PDT

    Thank you so much for having functional transport pods. I discovered your stashes of glitter world medicine, advanced weapons, tons of components and advanced components, among other amazing finds. However, a large chunk of your wall had come down, meaning the 44 tribal raiders had no problem getting in with me. If it hadn't been for the drop pods that were amazingly still working, I likely would have lost the 3 pawns i sent in (including the husband of a wife who stayed home to take care of the child!) instead we got out in the nick of time, it was like an action movie.

    Jon held a few of them off for a bit with one of your assault rifles, while Nik and Jeff were able to load a ton of stuff into the pods and get away. Jon was of course right behind them. We've all since safely returned home.

    I'd expect a massive raid any day now though. Our colonies wealth nearly tripled after the mission was over! 😅

    submitted by /u/fuzzballsoren
    [link] [comments]

    Colonists change over time?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 07:56 AM PDT

    So, I'm looking for a mod that makes colonists slowly grow longer hair and grow a beard(if a man ofc). So for example:It's been 3 years in game and my pawns haven't cut their hair sin r they don't have a barbers tBle. They have super long hair going down to their toes so this affects movement and manipulation. Pawns choose their own beard style and hair style when the barbers table is built. Any mods like this?

    submitted by /u/broccoliandcream
    [link] [comments]

    Thanks Randy.

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 08:41 AM PDT

    Patch Notes v1.2.2747 unstable

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 06:00 AM PDT

    https://game-updates.info/rimworld?57

    1. Fix: GetBuildingDefsForCluster_NewTemp() creates an infinite loop.
    2. Fix: Beret doesn't appear anywhere in the stockpile config and can't be hauled to one, and doesn't appear in the outfits tab.
    3. Fix 4326: Teetotalers can use drugs normally by using the new gizmos.
    4. Remove ignoreEntirelyForbiddenRegions bypass check.
    5. Fix: JobGiver_OptimizeApparel.ApparelScoreRaw() reads an uninitialized variable which can lead to some weird behavior especially if there are modded races.
    submitted by /u/spoolblack
    [link] [comments]

    How to deal with mechs without killboxes

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 08:39 AM PDT

    I'm a mostly-vanilla player, with only a few mods that don't add much to the game. I loved killboxes, but stopped using them as they felt too cheesy. However, as I watch my nth tribal colony be curbstomped by mechanoid raids I must ask you all the question; how do y'all deal with mechanoids without killboxes?

    (For note, my tribals had really good guns, but very little armor. One guy had a recon armor, the rest had simple helmets)

    submitted by /u/CarelessAI42
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment