• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 20, 2020

    RimWorld End Game Raid Testing

    RimWorld End Game Raid Testing


    End Game Raid Testing

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 12:58 PM PDT

    Are you a master of the killbox, a trap tactician? Do you consider end game raids a 'solved problem' rather than something to sweat over? Ludeon is looking to make end game raids more exciting and need your help!

    What are we looking for?

    • Screen shots of your end game base defenses if raids have become trivial for you.
    • Action screen shots of these raids being defeated
    • If you are playing unmodded or with only very few mods, we are looking for saved games for us to examine.
    • If you choose to share a game save. You can upload it zipped to reduce size, if you use google drive please make sure it is shared publicly so I don't have to request access.
    • You can also ping me (@pheanox) on our discord server in the misc-development channel with your save.

    This is a long-term project, and I will be accepting submissions for an undetermined amount of time.

    Our goal here is to add more variation to the AI with end game raids to keep them fresh, not necessarily cause players to lose more often.

    Couple edits for clarification:
    1: "Very few mods" is a subjective term for 'can I load it without searching for mods'. If you have more than 10 mods its probably going to be too many.
    2: To address concerns over nerfs and just more enemies, I want to point to my last sentence, which makes no mention of such things. Another point is that I'm just the community manager, not a dev. I'm just here collecting saves and screen shots. The devs may look at these threads but I can't guarantee anything.

    submitted by /u/pheanox
    [link] [comments]

    [OC] Backstory [Comic]

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 06:07 PM PDT

    When you keep loading into that save just to get that legendary sculpture.

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 09:09 AM PDT

    I may have made a mistake. Please don't open the doors.

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 01:27 AM PDT

    What an unfortunate name to have on the Rim...

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 04:46 PM PDT

    Rebuffed

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 03:31 PM PDT

    My colossal Medieval-style city

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 01:38 PM PDT

    i had a toxic ship crash & manhunter monkeys, they wiped each other out

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 06:18 AM PDT

    I know this is standard rimworld stuff but I just found it really funny

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 10:47 AM PDT

    First time playing, already a hour in:)

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 03:42 AM PDT

    "A group of cats joins your colony" - 2 mins later

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 10:09 AM PDT

    ★Soon, There is another orC(TBD) mod in RimWorld, By Team Orc Knights.

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 06:43 AM PDT

    This base is gonna be awesom- god damn ancient danger...

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 01:31 AM PDT

    The most realistic one so far.

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 02:00 AM PDT

    You've been chosen for the surprise organ donation!

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 12:00 AM PDT

    Since the last one was popular, I made a second Rimworld comic!

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 10:27 AM PDT

    Do blake realize that wild animals should not be in space?

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    When Rimworld gets personal

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 06:59 AM PDT

    So, I have a colony that is about 2 years old, doing decently well with about 13 colonists and plenty of dogs for hauling, when I get a quest- Tired Refugees (i believe its from vanilla events expanded mod- basically you house people at your colony for a while and while they are there they help out and work normally, once they are off map chance of them sending random loot via drop pod)

    So I accept, and convert my guest barracks to temporary housing for the 8 refugees.

    Well, within a couple hours, like 3 of them throw tantrums because they showed up without clothes on or ratty apparel or pain from scars. "No big deal" I think to myself as I administer the standard treatment of mass drafting and then beating them with fists until they are unconscious.

    "Seriously ungrateful of them- they are lucky to have a roof over their heads and food to eat, then they think they can beg me for help and then try to destroy my stuff?"

    But then one of the refugees went on a Slaughterer break, because she had the jealous trait and was "jealous of colonist's bedroom". Refugee killed one of my dogs.

    Like, I got a little bit IRL mad. Drafted all my colonists and starting shooting the refugees. 3 of them managed to flee outside of my base before getting shot in the back.

    And that was pretty much it- no over the top organ harvesting, no making hats, just slaughtering them and then leaving the bodies in a dump zone at the edge of the map.

    Pretty much a cardinal rule of my colonies- everything is forgivable, but if you touch my doggies or my kitties I will kill the offending colonist/guest/trader/ally I dont even care.

    submitted by /u/Coldpysker
    [link] [comments]

    I don't get the connection, but... okay?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 04:36 AM PDT

    She's not having the best day...

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 02:47 AM PDT

    Tortured Artist may be the best trait in the game.

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 12:17 AM PDT

    This is just a PSA about the Tortured Artist trait. Tortured Artist provides a pawn with a permanent -8 mood debuff but a 50% chance of having a creative inspiration after a mental break. This trait requires that the pawn have at least a passion in Artistic, however the best tortured artists also have a passion for crafting or construction. Legendary/Masterwork weapons are by far the biggest perk of this trait.

    When looking for a good artist to torture it's best to try to find a pawn with other exploitable traits. There are obvious traits that increase the mental break threshold like Neurotic, Very Neurotic, Too Smart, Nervous, and Volatile (by far the best) but other traits like Transhumanist, Night Owl, Chemical Interest, Greedy, Jealous, etc. that lower the pawns mood. These are perfect for torturing your artist into creating even better products (especially if it's a trait that can be turned on and off easily like switching sleep schedules or bedrooms). And lastly there is literally no such thing as overworking a Tortured Artist it just means better quality gear in a few hours.

    Pro Tip: keep your chemfuel, mortar shells, and important stuff far away from your tortured artists.

    submitted by /u/kc_allen123
    [link] [comments]

    Sky gods got good at advertising

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 02:17 AM PDT

    I swear this game sometimes..

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 02:55 AM PDT

    So I had this tribal start in tundra, all year snow.

    Had 3 colonists, no wood. For food only hunted animal raw meat. It was going ok for the most part, mental breaks here and there, mostly dazes. Until one day, that day, 1 colonist "Senra" with orange curly beard which was training his planting skill so I could grow glowing mushrooms (tribal tech sun lamp) and so i could have wood plants for cooking and extra vegetables, he decided that raw meet was too good for him and went out of his way to outside of camp to the pile of human corpses, started eating them, and then he goes like "oh, its so horrible, its raw cannibalism" even thou there is right there in the camp relatively normal food. He of course then goes mental break- murderous rage and goes for my second colonist "Orus" best one in the colony with "Borg nanoprobes" trait which essentially is iron will on steroids. He kills Orus, but he was not done yet, he picks dead corpse of Orus and feeds it to the third catatonic colonist "Muirhead" iron willed hard worker, so in the case he would wake up he would also go mental break.

    ps. this is my first post, i think.

    submitted by /u/andrius319
    [link] [comments]

    Enyo is having a bad day.

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 03:42 AM PDT

    Sometimes you notice something and you just can't get it out of your head...

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 09:53 PM PDT

    I'm watching my base burn down and I love it

    Posted: 19 Aug 2020 08:07 PM PDT

    I got a royalty quest where I'm suppose to draw 3 raids towards my base, so I prepped my defenses, grabbed my go juice, and accepted it. The first raid wasn't so bad. I managed to take the raiders out with minimal injuries. We patched ourselves up and prepped for the challenges to come.

    The next day the second raid came and most of us sustained moderate injuries, but we were still up and running. We patched up, got high, and slept for the night.

    Then the next day, Cassandra the Cunt decided to throw 2 raids at the same time. There were 7 of us, and 32 of them. Realizing that my cheeks were about to get clapped, I used my royal permit to call a shuttle, quickly grab all of the important stuff, and noped tf out of there. Better to lose my base than all of our lives.

    Now I'm watching my base burn down, but it's all apart of the drama of the rim.

    submitted by /u/just_that1guy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment