• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 21, 2020

    RimWorld Typical Tuesday Tutorial Thread -- April 21, 2020

    RimWorld Typical Tuesday Tutorial Thread -- April 21, 2020


    Typical Tuesday Tutorial Thread -- April 21, 2020

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 01:14 AM PDT

    Please use this thread as a week-to-week space to ask your fellow /r/RimWorld colonists for assistance. Whether it be colony planning, help with mods, or general guidance, post any questions you may have here! If you have an effort post about a game mechanic then this is also fine space for that but please consider making a separate subreddit post for maximum visibility. I am a bot, so I can't make jokes. If you'd like a Typical Tuesday joke, or if there are any problems with this post, please message the moderators of the subreddit.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I was wondering where he got that name from. Now I know

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 08:14 PM PDT

    Hannah Williams... Sharpshooter.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 02:33 AM PDT

    Whatever you do, don't name or allow your colonists to be named after something you'd plant in a grow zone.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 08:43 PM PDT

    I got half scared to death when I loaded up my colony and got a message stating "Rose has died because of cold."

    After realizing Rose was safe and sound in her bed with her husband, I renamed her Petunia.

    submitted by /u/JaredLiwet
    [link] [comments]

    Randy insulting his own made name.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 03:51 PM PDT

    Best girl Beatriz

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 01:13 AM PDT

    Drew Randy Random for my last character in the six fan art challenge.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 04:49 PM PDT

    Blue vs Red

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 04:40 AM PDT

    Found this on Craigslist, thought it might secretly be a Thrumbo?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 06:47 PM PDT

    Drew my colony! Also turns out spiders are really hard to draw....

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 07:04 AM PDT

    Thank you Lukas, very cool

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 02:25 AM PDT

    A mortar raid turns and attacks a massive insectoid hive. Thanks, for the help Randy! If they do well, I can finish off the bugs and collect hundreds of jelly.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 10:09 PM PDT

    Just got a 12587 gold gift from Randy....

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 02:45 AM PDT

    When you decide to use a bow as a melee weapon...

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 05:26 PM PDT

    Me after seeing the new joywire nerf

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 01:37 PM PDT

    Something tells me Dina is a little full of herself...

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 09:33 PM PDT

    I found a traveler named Jesus, who's a Bureaucrat. Naturally, I captured him and now I force him to tend to the animals. Thanks, Jesus.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 02:16 AM PDT

    Recovering from a crashlanding, didn't see the rogue mechanoid...

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 08:41 PM PDT

    My 14 y.o. colony Teacher's Township.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 10:12 PM PDT

    My Carver is an absolute dick

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 03:18 PM PDT

    A little backstory, I've currently got a colonist that is bad at everything except artistic - which she has 20 skill and a burning passion for. Apart from hauling and cleaning the only thing I have her do is make sculptures, which I decorate my base with as well as sell and gift to other factions.

    Recently I was raided, and one of the raiders was my Hunter's sister. My hunter ended up killing her own sister in the raid, which made her incredibly depressed. She broke down a day later and started a fight with another colonist which handed her ass to her.

    I decided to have my carver create a statue for her room to cheer her up. When the sculpture was finished, it was a carving of my hunter shooting her own sister in the fucking head during the raid.

    Yeah, that will totally make her feel better.

    submitted by /u/Daved27Hundred
    [link] [comments]

    Just purchased this game last night on a whim. My first hour was interesting.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 05:34 AM PDT

    I went through the tutorial and started getting the hang of things. I've played Dwarf Fortress in the past so the concept was familiar.

    After the tutorial was finished I kept playing. A group of slavers came to visit but I couldn't afford anything, so they were just chilling. I get the message that one of my dudes sensed danger in this crypt thing so naturally I opened it. A bunch of bug things and a giant worm came out and went to eat with the slavers.

    After almost everything was dead (including the slavers) I activated my military and cleaned up. Then I decided to open a cryo chamber thing. A couple of red guys popped out and started attacking. One of my dudes died, another got laid out. Then the man in black shows up to help.

    It's no good. My last two dudes are laid out and I sit by helpless as the red guys burn my little house to the ground. They eventually decide they've caused enough damage and start to leave just as my last survivor bleeds out.

    I can't believe it's taken me this long to finally get this game. Now I can't wait to get home later so I can completely ruin 3 more people's lives.

    submitted by /u/Vinicide
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you outlanders

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 04:18 AM PDT

    Got a Mechanoid raid - didn't look too difficult to deal with.

    Friendlies arrive in drop pods... destroying a roof and crushing one of my best colonists to death.

    Thanks guys great help...

    submitted by /u/qhovntxa
    [link] [comments]

    Ladies Man...

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 09:30 AM PDT

    Even choosing Mods for Rimworld is game for itself...

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 05:38 PM PDT

    • It's a game of exploring - 5 hours spent discovering and choosing mods (around 100+ mods)
    • It's a game of puzzle - 2 hours spent to figure out order in which mods should be listed
    1. I was naive - first I loaded them all...NOPE
    2. I was brave - tried to rearranged few of them while again loading them all...NOPE
    3. I was hopeful - tried to rearranged few of them again, while removing few...NOT EVEN CLOSE
    4. I was in denial - googled few stuff and tried again with half of the mods...YEA...NAAH
    5. I accepted reality - loaded them few at the time, after around 20 loads finally solved it :D

    While doing that in the backgorund was watching some youtuber's gameplay with another mod list, when finally finished Mod's puzzle, I decided to check list of that youtubers mods, and found several more to add. Now I get errors, time to solve another puzzle.

    This should be a DLC :D

    edit: for anyone intersted this is final list (at the moment - for this gameplay) https://pastebin.com/NATHkWt3

    submitted by /u/AbraHaunterGolem
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment