• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 1, 2020

    RimWorld Moderators have developed health condition: Plague

    RimWorld Moderators have developed health condition: Plague


    Moderators have developed health condition: Plague

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 03:17 PM PDT

    Hey all you /r/RimWorld colonists!

    The plague has made its way to our humble colony here and, wouldn't you know it, the only ones infected were the wardens. While they rest up, the subreddit will be lawless!

    As in all societies without order or the rule of law, we're relying on a simple honor system. If your post breaks the rules, please flair it using our new "RULE BREAKER" flair. If your post doesn't break the rules but you want to flair it as "RULE BREAKER" then there's not much we can do to stop you, is there?

    In summary:

    • For the next week, subreddit mods will not enforce the low-effort posting rule (rule 4).
    • Please continue to treat one another with respect - we will remove posts and users that engage in vitriolic behavior.
    • Use new "RULE BREAKER" flair liberally.

    Best of luck to you all. Come visit us in the infirmary (and bring glitterworld medicine).

    submitted by /u/TheSimpleArtist
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you randy very cool

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 05:33 AM PDT

    Mod release: Vanilla Animals Expanded - Vehicles!

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 07:54 AM PDT

    Pacifists are weird

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 05:52 PM PDT

    Food safety doesn't make sense

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 12:52 AM PDT

    I think this belongs here

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 02:25 AM PDT

    Berserk

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 05:30 AM PDT

    Mental Break: Tantrum

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 08:26 AM PDT

    Someone knows how to play rim world...

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 09:08 PM PDT

    Dumbworld was released!

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 05:51 AM PDT

    First time launching Rimworld after a while and I wanted to try out how the first DLC is. Not even three days in and a Boomrat decide to stop himself and drop unconscious in my dining room because of malnutrition. Yay ?

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 04:45 AM PDT

    What I picture my battle droids looking like when I draft them

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 01:51 AM PDT

    Rimworld has always helped me through hard times like this

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 07:52 PM PDT

    Today sh*t got finally real for me - I have a relatively "safe" job but half of our company still got laid off on a spot because of coronavirus. I survived this but nobody knows what the future holds, many people just like me lost jobs today.

    In times like this I always go back to our lord Randy and what I think is the most powerful lesson of Rimworld. No, it's not contingency planning, margins of failure, backups of backups.

    It's that you can have beautiful home with golden bed, your favorite pet boom rat, lots of food, everything is great. And tomorrow all your friends are dead or kidnapped, your boomrat had a heart attack and you can hear your beautiful home burning, while you are bleeding all over the place and trying to self tend your wounds with shaking hands while man hunting polar bears are banging on your door.

    And the lesson? Golden bed, food, home, etc are all temporary and ephemeral. The only thing truly irreplaceable is life. Just let the got damn thing burn, hide in a cave with raw potatoes and Glitterworld medicine and wait out bears. And then start rebuilding. The only true game over is when you are dead, everything else is replaceable. That and - enjoy every moment for you never know when Randy decides to throw in malaria while you are hiding in that cave.

    submitted by /u/catinator9000
    [link] [comments]

    Izzy joined the colony and then immediately makes fun of James's carcinoma

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 05:57 AM PDT

    Haul bears doing their part in the community

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 01:02 PM PDT

    I had a god wander by today, it's a shame capturing him would of angered my allies.

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 12:42 AM PDT

    Not only she she hates everyone, she even hates herself, best pawn to ever exist (found on a tribal raider)

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 03:49 PM PDT

    Thrumbo Boots???

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 02:24 AM PDT

    NY Times recommends RimWorld

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 09:03 AM PDT

    "RimWorld, in which you guide a small band of refugees stranded on an alien planet, has been described as a management simulator, so if you're a manager who wants to work at home after working from home, this might be the game for you."

    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/01/arts/gaming-introduction-basics-quarantine-coronavirus.html

    submitted by /u/Syloom
    [link] [comments]

    Incredibly rich colony evaporated within seconds

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 10:19 PM PDT

    I started my game hoping to become a rich trading faction, I started with 5 decent characters and over the span of 4 irl days I had 6 insanely good characters, lots of money, and the piece de resistance.... a fucking nuke. In case of an emergency i had built a mountain bunker with stockpiles of food and fuel battery's. I was planning on using a low yield missile to take out an infestation far away from where my colonists where but I didn't realize that I had set the bomb to high yield (the nuke). I sent my farmer to man the SACS and launch the missile, little did I know it was carrying a fucking nuclear warhead. Seconds later I witnessed days of work turn to dust as four of my pawns died in an instant. I had two left and one of them was missing both legs and was on fire so I made the split second decision to run my actually functioning person out to grab him and pull him into the bunker. Three in game days later they both died of rad poisoning....

    TL:DR- Don't fuck with nukes in the rimatomics mod 
    submitted by /u/Big_Frac
    [link] [comments]

    Trigger is done with your savage raids!

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 04:28 AM PDT

    Reminded me of Rimworld

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 07:39 AM PDT

    Reika once was the leader of our colony, captured by raiders she came back as one, so we captured her again. I noticed that everybody she once knew here are now dead, i'll try to recruit here as i'm keeping her locked in her old room, near her throne.

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 08:53 AM PDT

    When you want to engrave your shotgun but don't know what to engrave it with.

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 08:36 AM PDT

    Follow Up From Earlier when i said I couldn't believe my luck where a ship crashed, it got worse, it got so much worse

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 07:47 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment