• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 31, 2020

    RimWorld Typical Tuesday Tutorial Thread -- March 31, 2020

    RimWorld Typical Tuesday Tutorial Thread -- March 31, 2020


    Typical Tuesday Tutorial Thread -- March 31, 2020

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 01:15 AM PDT

    Please use this thread as a week-to-week space to ask your fellow /r/RimWorld colonists for assistance. Whether it be colony planning, help with mods, or general guidance, post any questions you may have here! If you have an effort post about a game mechanic then this is also fine space for that but please consider making a separate subreddit post for maximum visibility. I am a bot, so I can't make jokes. If you'd like a Typical Tuesday joke, or if there are any problems with this post, please message the moderators of the subreddit.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I took a break. I hear there's some virus going around?..

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 11:56 PM PDT

    Rich explorer scenario in ice sheet: aboundant start doesn't mean abundant food

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 08:31 PM PDT

    If Sebarian The Magnificent wasn't killed in a raid, I would never have discovered the £1,000,000 of stock he was stealing from the colony.

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 01:49 AM PDT

    Had some extra silver and got a duck

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 03:08 PM PDT

    Finally, a statue worthy of legendary status.

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 09:03 PM PDT

    Raiders? No problem. Mechs? A weapon to surpass metal gear.

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 08:04 AM PDT

    Your pants or your life!

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 05:10 AM PDT

    Of All The Places To Crash Land

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 05:10 AM PDT

    Reminds me of rimworld weapons.

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 07:18 PM PDT

    A speech people can get behind

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 08:24 PM PDT

    So I went over to rescue a downed refugee...

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 04:33 AM PDT

    I made a caravan with my two colonists and headed over to the spot.

    On arriving, I notice that one of the bandits guarding the place is already downed and I thought how lucky I am. I guessed that the refugee would be waiting in the building in the center. I shot at the downed bandit trying to kill him, and noticed how long that took. I looked at his health tab and noticed that I managed to chop of both his legs and an arm (with bow fire) but he remained alive. "Damn what a tough guy", I thought.

    After killing him and another bandit that came out of the building, I broke the door and went inside.

    There was nothing but a bunch of beds inside. Where was that refugee guy? I looked at the quest and noticed the name of the refugee. I understood something - it was the same guy lying on the ground with no legs and no arm. Whoops.

    At least I got some electronics from dismantling their stuff.

    submitted by /u/kalkool12
    [link] [comments]

    I count this as a form of psychological warfare

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 07:29 AM PDT

    I was actually wishing for some new pants, thanks Duchess Elabo!

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 02:10 AM PDT

    I love the new tortured artist trait

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 06:32 PM PDT

    Weaver the tortured weaver gets an insulting spree mood break, goes after Mack the tortured builder, inspired creativity. Mack gets the same mood break, goes after Weaver, inspired creativity! Weaver bits his arm off.

    submitted by /u/Iguanisme
    [link] [comments]

    TIL if you take care of prisoners for a quest, you don't have to return them with all their organs :)

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 01:47 PM PDT

    Not that I am complaining or anything, but out of all the things Randy could send me he sent me 7 wooden feet

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 01:50 AM PDT

    Randy, you sly fecker!

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 07:08 AM PDT

    really guys? (yes I know we have dropship pads now)

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 07:08 AM PDT

    The great escape

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 12:48 AM PDT

    WARNING: Long

    I was put on to Rimworld by a friend just over a month ago and I was taken by all of the possibilities, I've struggled hard this past month (and sunk over 100 hours into the game) and finally, FINALLY got a ship off the ground. Here is my Great Escape.

    It all started with three colonists - one an ice mage, one a summoner, and one a blademaster - stranded on a bare planet with mountains all around them, which quickly turned into a village hidden in the mountains. My blademaster - Danielle - quickly picked up building and mining along with her fighting, becoming the strength and backbone of my colony. While Cori (ice mage) and Svetlanna (summoner) fell in love. Danielle slayed her foes left and right on the battlefield with just a knife, Svetlanna took them back and cared for them, trying to recruit them - here we meet Hammer. Hammer bested Danielle in a fight and almost killed her when Cori came to save the day, Hammer was the pinnacle of this planet's fighters. I spent weeks in game recruiting Hammer, bending to his every need, when he finally joined rejoice was had, a marriage celebrated the evening. Alas, the next day an infestation broke out in my body part storage, which still was empty because Svetlanna couldn't use a scalpel to save anyone's life (literally).

    Hammer and Danielle charge in face first - Dannielle being a blademaster made it quicker and managed to take two out before sucomming, Hammer rushed to her aid and downed another two, which left the lovers to fight off the remaining beast. All ended well, or so I thought. Hammer had both his legs destroyed in different ways and one shoulder, he was hobbling around... defeated. Soon Cori came up with an idea, and researched bionic replacement parts, which cost a lot, but would make Hammer super-human. Svetlanna FINALLY managed to operate cleanly on all three limbs and brought about the new Hammer. Inspired by this Danielle followed suit, becoming unstoppable.

    Many bloody battles later and our heroes return with bionic spines, arms, and legs. Svetlanna has mastered her craft and can now summon both Elementals AND Poppi - a formidable mage indeed. Hammer has been taught by Danielle how to harness his physical attributes and became a Death Knight, and a few basic other pawns who need not be named (except Van - he is important) joined the cause. Cori drops some starflight research, traders flock in and bargains are made left, right, and centre, the ship is all coming together and then finally... the reactor flicks on.

    15 days the countdown lights up. The mechanoids rain down from the sky on day 14, Hammer, Svetlanna and Danielle make small work of these. Local tribes stream in and raids spawn one, two, THREE at a time. Svetlanna barely makes it out of every battle, all of my tamed animals are used as bait to get Danielle and Hammer to safety. One day left ticks over.

    I gather all of my useless pawns into the cryosleep pods and leave Van tending to the village hidden in the mountain, while robots rain down from the heavens above, Danielle goes down fighting four herself, Hammer managed to make an escape, Svetlanna is out of mana completely, shooting blindly with her staff. More and more these sentient robots keep raining down upon my people, less and less I think they will make it out alive. In comes the unlikely hero, dressed in nothing but cloth. Van. Van has an idea in the middle of battle, he leaves his chores and runs into the battle, dodging bullets left and right, he grabs Danielle by the scruff of her neck and hauls her back while Svetlanna holds off the closing horde. Van drags Danielle to Cori who casts heal on her to get her back on her feet and Van demands we seal the one entrance in. They all agree, Cori is heart broken, but understands. Danielle starts on the Granite wall, three deep. Svetlanna sees the walls going up and makes a break for it, at the last second she jumps over the wall and Danielle closes it behind her.

    Tick, tick, tick. The clock winds down and the ship is ready to launch, into the pods my last four pawns go, and as the ship fires up it's engine the sentient robots break through to slay them. The screen goes white. They are safe.

    TL;DR: Big battle when trying to launch my ship, one pawn goes down and my useless house cleaner runs into battle and saves my equal most valuable pawn, drags her back to be healed so she can build a wall to stop the oncoming horde and completely saves my whole project.

    submitted by /u/WreckedMedic
    [link] [comments]

    My base layout, my first colony. Any suggestions?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 10:46 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment