• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 28, 2020

    RimWorld Typical Tuesday Tutorial Thread -- January 28, 2020

    RimWorld Typical Tuesday Tutorial Thread -- January 28, 2020


    Typical Tuesday Tutorial Thread -- January 28, 2020

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 12:13 AM PST

    Please use this thread as a week-to-week space to ask your fellow /r/RimWorld colonists for assistance. Whether it be colony planning, help with mods, or general guidance, post any questions you may have here! If you have an effort post about a game mechanic then this is also fine space for that but please consider making a separate subreddit post for maximum visibility. I am a bot, so I can't make jokes. If you'd like a Typical Tuesday joke, or if there are any problems with this post, please message the moderators of the subreddit.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    that's uh. alot of explosives huh..

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 10:28 PM PST

    casandra can we PLEASe get the sun back at somepoint..

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 10:31 PM PST

    And they shall tell tales of the legendary Cloth Animal Bed... (f***)

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 05:02 AM PST

    Keanu Reeves attacked my colony

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 04:52 AM PST

    Cleanup Detail

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 08:27 PM PST

    Redditors said to build the prison so far away that when prisoners want to escape they have to go all the way through your base. But imo it's better to build the prison near the killboxes and put some turrets inside. They can't even leave the room. Simple spell, but quite unbreakable.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 06:16 AM PST

    Yummy yummy in my tummy

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 05:31 AM PST

    Taming

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 05:25 AM PST

    First time war crime;successfully failed.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 03:47 AM PST

    I've been playing as a pretty benign colony and after reading about all these war crime shenanigans I thought I'd give it a shot.

    Enter Doctor: professional villain AKA Prisoner #7. He had no redeeming qualities and staged a break out despite having his life saved and living in a luxury prison cell.

    From the Internet: take off his legs and replace them with wooden stumps that will put a stop to any more attempts. OK sure, I'm not killing the guy and Doctor was as really bad person right? I think my moral compass can deal with this as a punishment and restraining method...

    Next day Doctor wakes up with two wooden stumps for legs... AND LOVES THEM! Turns out this guy is a transhumanist so all I've done is reward and reinforce his past transgressions. Who would have thought anyone would love having peg legs?! Not me, I thought only bionics and would satisfy a transhumanist.

    Apart from his freedom, this guy is having the time of his life. My peaceful farm colony has become an all inclusive luxury spa destination for galactic dictators! I don't even know who I am anymore.

    submitted by /u/Normal_Man
    [link] [comments]

    OH NO DISEASE! NO RANDY PLEASE NOT ALL OF THEM! …. Oh.. Ok..

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 07:01 PM PST

    RockPaperShotgun has rated RimWorld the bestest best management game of all time.

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 08:09 AM PST

    I’ve been playing with the war crimes mod a lot in my most recent colony

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 09:32 PM PST

    One of my raiders casually walked into my hospital to have a nap and my colonists started patching him up. There's no option to take him to my prison hospital - I guess they've adopted him now?!

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 02:52 AM PST

    Can we get an F for this man. I tried to give him a new bionic leg and my surgeon cut off his neck.

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 02:27 PM PST

    What did you just call me, motherfucker?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 02:16 PM PST

    When the Manhunter arrive to your final base

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 06:58 AM PST

    1,000 Hours, Finally

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 10:47 PM PST

    Where you see problems i see chemfuel.

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 09:00 AM PST

    TIL- Resurrector Mech Serum makes people forget personal relations

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 06:26 PM PST

    So mechanoids attacked my colony after I made many excellent art sculptures and such, and they killed my go-to brawler, Lionheart. I had a pile of resurrector mech serums from previous item stash quests and immediately brought her back to life. Lionheart was a misandrist, but she had a husband after years of staying in the same colony and surviving together. The husband (the artist) was pretty upset even after bringing her back to life, but on the same day, she divorced him out of the blue.

    I was very confused as to why that happened so I checked her social tab. Lionheart had -25 for every male colonist, extra for the ex-husband because he's disfigured, but every female colonist was at a flat 0. She used to be best friends with one female colonist she recruited, and she hated the one female colonist who sold many prisoners to slavery. However, none of that mattered anymore.

    Every colonist who had an opinion of her still had their original opinions of her. The best friend, Raven, still had Lionheart in her social tab at +92, and the slaver, Bowman, had Lionheart at -34. The newly divorced ex-husband had Lion at a -83.

    In a colony of sky-high expectations, the ex-husband had a mental break I previously had never heard of: Catatonic. He was in a coma-like state for a few days, but he still had debuffs of "My wife Lion died", "My friend Lionheart died", "Witnessed ally's death", "Divorced by Lionheart", and "Ate without a table (because why not)" all at once. Even after he woke up from the Catatonic, he gave up and left. I didn't know that colonists could leave, but now I'm a burning passion artist short in my colony.

    Lionheart didn't suffer any mental breaks after her revival, but everyone else around her did all because she died, and she doesn't think much of them regardless. Newly resurrected pawns can be much more harmful than simply dead pawns because of it.

    submitted by /u/TheyCallMeOso
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any mods that add cliffs, or some other way to give the illusion of height?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 12:18 AM PST

    I'm really digging the aesthetic of my current colony - all I need is a hilltop bunker overlooking the entrance and maybe a radio mast. Problem is, there's no way to give the impression of height in this game! Any mods that can do this?

    submitted by /u/FixBayonetsLads
    [link] [comments]

    Daughter, Daughter, Grandson, Granddaughter... Nice. Wait, HOW OLD?!?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 07:35 PM PST

    Rosa...

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 07:44 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment