• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 12, 2019

    RimWorld Savior

    RimWorld Savior


    Savior

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 12:52 AM PST

    Take good care of your pets during flu season

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 09:58 PM PST

    [OC] Be gentle please. My first RimWorld comic.

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 10:09 PM PST

    Lucky for them, I just had a tribal raid

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 10:26 AM PST

    What have I done...

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 01:45 PM PST

    The Space Upgrade...

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 12:11 AM PST

    First wedding in the new Jade Church

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 07:06 PM PST

    One of my pawns made art about the perspective of inside a Bio Reactor

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 10:49 PM PST

    Ohhh, nice spawn :)

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 06:45 AM PST

    My wife just asked me why it's called Rimworld and not "War Crimes Simulator"

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 02:17 PM PST

    She's doesn't play, but she watches me play a lot.

    submitted by /u/MinisterPhobia
    [link] [comments]

    SHIIZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 03:16 PM PST

    What kind of drugs were you on when you made this art? Also, who is wearing the hat?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 11:54 PM PST

    Maybe getting kidnapped isn't so bad...

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 03:44 PM PST

    Let me tell you the story of Whitestone, the unfortunate starting pawn of the most painful Naked Brutality run I've had so far.

    It was a nice landing, all things considered. Nice, temperate woodlands. A good little alcove to build from, and even rich soil nearby. A little open and hard to make a killbox with, sure, but still something that you could definitely work with. It was a solid day before anything seemed amiss. Small shack made, crops planted, bed and table, a pretty decent start, as far as solo runs go. Most would think that bad luck would be something like getting struck by lightning, landing your pod on top of a Megaspider, or getting an early infection and dying without much hope.

    Nah, Randy likes his setup.

    First event Whitestone has as the day changes is muscle parasites. Really annoying and inconvenient, sure, but still do-able, right?

    So, I chug on, mine some steel, cook some simple meals. And lo and behold, food poisoning strikes. His cooking was pretty bad so it wasn't a big surprise, so I watch him get even slower, even more in pain, but still chugging along, mood pretty much shot though. Early morning turns to afternoon and then I watch him plop over in the fields while harvesting a few berry bushes. Fun fact: muscle parasites and major food poisoning is enough to knock a pawn until food poisoning abates. It takes about a full day to get Whitestone moving again, but finally he inches his way back home and flops into bed, with basically every single one of his bars totally empty, his mood absolutely wrecked.

    Perfect time for the classic manhunter squirrel, right?

    So here we are. One poor man having the worst time of his life with a fuzzy bastard between him, the horseshoe pin, the campfire, and the very near empty food stockpile.

    I'd like to say it was a fight for the ages, but it was beyond pathetic. Whitestone was pretty sucky in melee and didn't have a good chance to nab a weapon. He got a few good hits in, cracking the squirrel's head pretty severely and breaking a paw pretty well, but our dear Goliath fell, leaving this red rodent reigning supreme. He wasn't even beaten up that badly; just like three cuts from minor bites, not even above 90% in blood loss, but even then despite lacking the Wimp trait he sure fell like one. Leaving him floundering around in the dirt outside his room for hours upon hours upon hours.

    Eventually (and I do mean *eventually*), he takes his sorry hide off the floor, runs into his room, and patches himself up by hand. Gets a nap in, but even still he's getting dangerously far into starvation. He *has* to kill this tree rat, it's practically a grudge match now.

    He goes out for round 2. The squirrel, still full of hatred for humanity, charges him. Nobody waits with bated breath, because watching boomalopes age is more exciting than watching a naked bum fight a wounded rodent. Nonetheless, our hero finally pulls through with another well placed hit to the noggin, sending the scourge to the grave. Finally, he's free....for about five seconds, with Randy phoning in a tribal raider to up the ante. Mel: 7 Melee, burning passion, steel club. Yeah, he's not taking her on in a fair fight.

    Immediately, he makes for the food stores and grabs some meat. He wants this. He *needs* this. But of course I, being a careful and cruel god, want him to cook his food first. It's not like he's Ascetic or anything, so there's no need for him to be a savage. He also needs to grab some marble blocks and make a stone trap; inefficient, I know, but he had hardly any time and no other resources available. He'd have to hope for some luck and -

    ***Mental Break: Catatonia***

    His tired mind, overloaded by the thought of having to do things like "queue tasks" and "cook food" finally falls apart, and down he drops by the campfire. At this point, he's been on the ground for more of this playthrough than not, and I just idly watch as the raider strolls into camp. Maybe they'll set fire to a few things, steal a cave silk spider thong, the usual. But no, something stirs within Mel, as I am informed that the raiders are taking prisoners.

    So there she goes off the map, lugging the limp body of Whitestone, as the screen informing me that all pawns are gone or dead pops up. "This story is over."

    ...And yet, I can't help but think this is the closest thing to a victory he could have gotten.

    submitted by /u/Spazgrim
    [link] [comments]

    I made a pretty cool ship.

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 12:26 AM PST

    Peoples top 10/5 mods they use

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 03:50 AM PST

    Been using combat extended and some of the expanded fauna mods, just looking for some none game breaking weapon mods or extra feature stuff that improves the game.

    submitted by /u/avagoo
    [link] [comments]

    Randy Giveth and Randy Taketh

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 07:16 AM PST

    Asking for a friend

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 07:11 AM PST

    Is there a compare mod, that let's you directly compare stuff? Like pick 2 and it shows both stats, maybe highlighting where one exceeds the other.

    submitted by /u/Schicken_Soup
    [link] [comments]

    If you're such a nice person, why is your name 'Wicked'?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 05:45 AM PST

    This is terrifying

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 07:08 AM PST

    Slow escalation cause?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 06:09 AM PST

    I have seen some items but I am not sure I understand.

    Over time the game sends more and more bad guys to raid you.

    What is the cause? Is it a perceived value of you and your assets? I am curious and interested to understand that creep.

    Is it something you can see in a menu somewhere I have missed? Or maybe its just "time".

    Thought I would inquire to you great people...

    submitted by /u/SpawnDnD
    [link] [comments]

    Infection: "I'm about to end this woman's whole career." Calleia: "no u"

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 11:56 PM PST

    [MOD] Roads of the Rim & hauling the required amount of stones

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 07:10 AM PST

    The mod : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1613783924

    I love the idea behind that road because I really disliked being stuck in mountains with no way to shorten travel times to other factions/world map events but I struggle with one thing : when making stone/asphalt roads the material cost is insane, not so much in value/amounts, but in weight : even bringing a horde of pack animals doesn't let me bring enough stone blocks to build a single tile.

    I don't mind setting up a mining colony to stripmine mountains to make the Rim faster and safer but the stupidly high amount of micromanagement to bring materials to the construction site is painful (setting up a big caravan just so they can work 3 hours before running out of materials). Am I missing an easier way (vanilla or modded) to haul materials around ? Is there a mod/easy way to edit the stone blocks' weight to "cheat" to remove the micromanagement ?

    submitted by /u/BoomGoesTheEconomy
    [link] [comments]

    I've noticed how many playstyles exist in the game. So tell me how you normally play!

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 05:13 PM PST

    For myself, I always try to be as civil as possible and trying to approach peaceful solutions. Usually raising factions' trust that have -20 on my group already, and during raids trying to melee with the weakest characters to knockthem out and heal them(and either give them freedom if they are weak, and stay on my group if have some good stats).

    Once I gather a lot of resources (mainly from farming and wood cutting) I trade and give gifts, also I focus on have a good chunk of people on researching, so I get better tools to work with.

    Also since I focus more on farming (growing food and having animals) I travel a lot on Rimworld, ocassionally changing its biome for diversity and playstyles. Problem is normally how much I gotta do in little time but it's worthy. I normally do world domination by those standards. And once I have all factions trusting me and on my side, war against the tribes on -100 would happen.

    And that is how I would play. Some things I prohibit myself are Cannibalism and Organs harvesting for my own people. That is because the first time I picked the game I pretty much blind picked it. Had no idea except it would be like a sort of Factorio and had good review score... But oh boy... It was complicated to see my favorite animals getting their tails off by a grizzly bear... Or getting no legs after a raid...

    submitted by /u/Polloneitor
    [link] [comments]

    What "themed" mods do you enjoy playing?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 06:46 AM PST

    I've played a LOTR mod & a medieval mod and I loved them both! I also saw that new Star Wars mod that I want to try as well.

    I'm wondering if anyone has played any other themed mods like that that they really enjoyed that I can get into as well.

    submitted by /u/MWesley22
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment