• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 14, 2020

    RimWorld The halls of Valhalla are claiming back this warrior

    RimWorld The halls of Valhalla are claiming back this warrior


    The halls of Valhalla are claiming back this warrior

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 03:38 AM PDT

    i did leave the spot in the middle of the table to put some sculptures, but sure, you can use it to get married, now you are the center of the party. btw they are the two prisoners that fall in love while they where in jail

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 09:35 PM PDT

    My game glitched and 9 man in black came to save me LOL

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 05:48 AM PDT

    Haha.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 03:47 AM PDT

    I don't know why but I got really hungry for seafood after reading the names of my recent prisoners.

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 03:41 PM PDT

    This playthrough, I decided to give my colonists tiny homes instead of cookie cutter bedrooms, and I kinda love it!

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 12:15 PM PDT

    Big Thanks to Hospitality

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 07:24 PM PDT

    I just want to make an appreciation post for the Hospitality mod.

    When choosing my landing zone to start building my colony, I used the Prepare Landing mod to filter all the tiles in the world to only the ones with the settings I liked (if you're not familiar with the mod, you can set it to only show you tiles with a river, with marble and slate stone types, only certain growing periods, etc).

    Of the tile choices I was given, I ended up going with one that was only three tiles on the world map from a settlement owned by the faction Notoum Dynasty (Vanilla Expanded medieval faction). The game warned me upon picking the tile that relations with the Notoum Dynasty would decrease over time eventually to the point of hostility since I was encroaching on their land. I figured screw it, I'll take on some medieval savages. I'll destroy their settlement so that they no longer feel I am too close for comfort, no skin off my nose.

    Well, to my mild surprise, my very first visitors were from the Notoum Dynasty. How cute, I thought. I'll build them a couple of guest rooms and see what happens.

    Over the course of two years, they've become my closest allies. They visit several times a quadrum, leave me gifts when they depart, help with tasks around my base, give me quests, and they send their own to lay their lives down when I am beset by raiders that wish to destroy me. My colonists have become the best of friends with the regulars of Notoum that visit. All because their periodic visits would gradually raise relations.

    Hospitality should be an absolute must in your mod list for organic story moments like this. Without Hospitality, I'd be at war with Notoum and I'd have destroyed the settlement I ended up next to. But because they could simply send over an envoy to talk to my colonists and see what we're all about, we ended up being the biggest of allies.

    Pics of the situation: https://imgur.com/a/xyIqc20

    submitted by /u/StoneryUsername
    [link] [comments]

    The 70 hour Tutorial

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 05:21 AM PDT

    Back in September I finally took the plunge and thought "Sure let's give Rimworld a try. I've heard good things". I started up a tutorial world and picked my first 3 colonists (an old gay man with cataracts, a woman who was a pyromaniac, and the pyromaniac's father who was the least skilled but the most sane). 2 hours in I stopped getting helpful hints but decided to run with it and see the world through the end.

    As the hours rolled by I recruited colonists of varying likeability, tamed animals of varying usefulness, fought off manhunting guinea pigs and (sometimes related) raiders, lost colonists to ambushes, rebuilt structures when the pyromaniac burned them down, started a profitable duster and drug business, and then finally built a space ship. 15 days of raids was going pretty well until half my colonists got malaria, one developed a drug addiction, and another was constantly on the edge of a mental break. I managed to make it through though and sent my 8 colonists and 2 bonded animals into space 70 game hours later.

    So now here I am, just finished my 70 hour tutorial and wanted to share before starting my first real world.

    submitted by /u/SirPirateKnight
    [link] [comments]

    Alberto's whole family has come for him

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 05:11 AM PDT

    Uhm...no thank you!

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 05:15 AM PDT

    Is there a 99%/99% club? If not, there should be.

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 07:43 PM PDT

    One of my pawns slapped a prisoner so hard they became a member of the community.

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 11:10 AM PDT

    Human Sacrifice, What Better Way To Get Revenge?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 11:52 PM PDT

    A buddy of mine started playing an hour and a half ago. He gets it.

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 12:00 PM PDT

    I built a circle, what should i do with it?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 05:29 AM PDT

    My colonist became an insect, WTF

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 03:25 AM PDT

    I dunno what happened but, my colonist just became an insect because of some sort of addiction, I don't remember what was his addiction but I guess it was rolyal insect jelly since the transformation is insect. Now he's just a tamed insect that can't haul or pretty much anything so I decided to slaughter him. This is the weirdest thing ever

    submitted by /u/emamule23
    [link] [comments]

    [Art Request] I'm making a mini mod to introduce possums into the game, can anyone help draw them?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 05:38 AM PDT

    My shitty attempt at the possum: https://imgur.com/a/6zvlHTi

    Possum with black outline: https://prnt.sc/uyugb0

    Okay, we can agree, I'm obviously not the best artist. 😭 Is there anyone that can re-draw my possum attempt into something cuter? I've got the code ready to go, my possums just look fugly.

    Edit: here's a screenshot of the possums in game - https://prnt.sc/uz882x

    South's head is fucked up, and I also don't like the coloring of north. :(

    submitted by /u/Lime_Time
    [link] [comments]

    Sometimes a colonist seems like they should be in an intense soap opera

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 03:11 PM PDT

    This is NOT a dig at the game or Tynan because I absolutely love RimWorld and play it pretty much every day- but is there a (good) reason why many QoL mods aren't getting added to the base game?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 04:40 PM PDT

    I am not talking about mods like

    • Deep storage

    • Wall Light

    • Rim Fridge

    • Hospitality

    • RT Fuse

    • Expanded Prosthetics / A Dog Said

    • Prepare Carefully

    These are well liked by MOST, but do throw off the balance of the vanilla game (even if just slightly for say Wall Light)


    I am talking 100% QoL mods:

    Think...

    • Color coded mood bars

    • Weapons displayed below portraits

    • Recipe icons

    • Satisfied Storage

    • Loading in Progress

    • Cleaning Area

    • Complex Jobs

    • Allow Tool

    • Path Avoid

    • Etc.

    All of the mods in this second list don't really impact or throw off the balance of gameplay, they just make tasks more simple and less annoying to perform, or give very useful information at a simple glance. Some of these I have been using for a long time now and probably should have been implemented into the base game by now.

    I don't mind having a big mod list, but it does get quite unweildly at times.

    submitted by /u/ThePandemicGamer
    [link] [comments]

    Colony timelapse attempt 2. Years 4-9

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 04:12 PM PDT

    The Irony

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 03:48 PM PDT

    Shiz gettin' wild

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 02:19 PM PDT

    "Endgame" Heavily modded base

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 09:44 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment