• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 9, 2020

    RimWorld It all started when Kouhei decide to eat without a table

    RimWorld It all started when Kouhei decide to eat without a table


    It all started when Kouhei decide to eat without a table

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 03:41 AM PDT

    FFS Ash, get a real job

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 12:28 AM PDT

    Food delivery just arrived

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 05:09 AM PDT

    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 07:28 PM PDT

    I would like to say sorry for cutting your legs off glueing your ass and taking your organs.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 09:51 AM PDT

    When a non-psychopath joins your colony and has to adjust to your morally questionable practices

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 04:04 PM PDT

    I won't abandon this one, I promise!

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 01:06 PM PDT

    Maybe I shouldn't get friends to try to play by describing what I recently accomplished....

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 11:56 PM PDT

    51 hives vs 9 centipedes and change, all while I watch comfy

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 06:43 PM PDT

    I don't think you want to hear the explenation dear...

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 07:44 AM PDT

    Moments taken before disaster...

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    TIL RimWorld passive coolers are an actual invention (kinda)

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 02:06 AM PDT

    In RimWorld you have passive coolers which cool down the surrounding area by converting temperature into humidity. But I've learned you can do this in real life and the name of it is called "Swamp Coolers" (Swamp coolers are active, so that's the "kinda like passive coolers" part) I've also learned to remove the high humidity factor you can use a desiccant's to absorb the water vapor coming out to get dry and cool air.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_g4nT4a28U

    Never knew RimWorld would make me want to learn more about science.

    submitted by /u/TrevinLC1997
    [link] [comments]

    That's...pretty big

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 08:21 AM PDT

    Would you recommend this game to a prison architect player?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 02:47 AM PDT

    So I recently bought prison architect and although it was great fun, I felt like I was limited a lot by "tHe LeGaL sYsTeM" and although there were some options to get around it, it still felt like I needed more.

    I've heard that rimworld has these possibilities. Is it true? Could rimworld be the game for me?

    submitted by /u/CaptainBuckethead
    [link] [comments]

    I accidentally made all my colonists edgelords

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 02:14 PM PDT

    Colonist having a catatonic breakdown just when I start harvesting her organs and limbs. How convenient!

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 02:23 AM PDT

    Are wind turbines worth it?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 05:42 AM PDT

    They... don't seem to do that much... They are a little expensive for early and mid game, their output is just not that great, they break down from time to time... Also the amount of batteries needed for steady power supply breaks down from time to time as well...
    Except for storms they never seem to go over 50% potential so... Are they even used? (For my map, I was lucky because there is a nice beach that is always tree free.

    So I'm asking you guys, do wind turbines even worth the hassle?

    submitted by /u/trebron55
    [link] [comments]

    I think they're trying to send a message

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 01:21 PM PDT

    Reactor go brrrrr

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 07:40 AM PDT

    Well it happened finally, I tempted Randy and he overwhelming slapped the ever living cap out of my colony. I started out with 6 colonists to build a small fortress on an open landscape. I am using zombie mod and had it start the attacks after 3 days. So I was in for an uphill battle from the start. However I was in luck the map tile I choose had 3 well placed steam geysers, my plan was to put up laser defense on the outer perimeter wall once I had enough power and to reduce steel usage. I did fairly well in the beginning and Randy seemed to take pity on me, or so I thought. I was pretty well established and had a constant 80 zombies on the map entering in from the edges. However my potato laptop, yes I have a laptop to play rimworld, is not a high end one and was struggling keeping up with my late mid game base plus zombies. I decided to disable zombies and that helped with the stutter. The one thing I always underestimate when planning is how much space I need vs want. Turned out I under cut my needs on this tile and expanding was more hassle than its worth. So I started scouting out a mountain to dig into.

    Once I found a suitable tile I took a good 20-30 minutes planning and replanting. Comparing my current bases downfalls and compensating for them in the new planning. To help in my mining I enlisted some robots, there was a steam geyser right outside my planned entrance and I was able to make a small building to house the bots plus supplies. The hardest part of moving based was, well moving bases. I tried to keep as much as possible from the previous base to save on resources, I had installed an extended dropship mod to make the move plausible. After I figured out the logistics the move went extremely well I was able to get my Reactor type V up and running with 8 control rods with 2 Zeus turbine and 2 cooling towers all setup with redundant pipes in case something happened.....

    Fast forward and my mountain base is setup beautifully im advancing and begging to plan my conquest of this world. I had setup a massive killing field and had mostly setup up minor defense for infestation. I then start to research rimatonics weapons which requires extra batteries. So i built up 60k backup between advanced batteries and pic's. However I didn't like how long they took to charge after a fault event happened, so I began to stockpile rods. Once my batteries were fully charged I would lock my designated nuclear handler in the reactor room and force him to load until he was about to break. I would then start up the reactor and go back to planning world domination. Here's where Randy giveth and take away the. I started getting cocky about my setup and forced a massive commando raid, which I dusted off and readjusted some defenses so they wouldn't fire upon my own shields. Randy then began his wrath, he sent a massive tribal raid against me ( lasers>bows) which I ended up winning out with out even drafting my colonists. Obviously this pissed Randy off. He waited for his moment to strike and executed his wrath fully.

    I once again went through the process of adding more control rods to the reactor. Randy said, not today!

    ZZZT - OH CRAP!

    My power grid was dependent on reactor being by powered and i had not yet installed a battery grid on a separate grid. I tried to isolate the steam geyser to charge some batteries to kick start the reactor, but it was a slow process. I had enough battery power, I thought to get my reactor started but I was wrong. I hit the start button but saw no output. Well it turns out the reactor was working but the turbines and the cooling tower did not have power. Which meant the reactor was powering up but not being cooled.

    SCRAM ALERT! - DA FAQ?!

    💥 💥 💥 💥 💥 💥

    NUCLEAR MELTDOWN

    I was unable to recover. 2 colonist died in the kaboom. 10 more with radiation sickness. And all my hauling and construction robots died due to radiation damage.

    If people are interested i can add pics of my mountain base aftermath.

    submitted by /u/passivekill
    [link] [comments]

    Baking requires exact temperature and times. But, the results are well worth the effort.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 04:50 PM PDT

    I guess I will start digging his grave

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 06:54 PM PDT

    I think i will have to check more often what my visitors do.... (Baby Anaba is the supposed result of the love between Jacy and Nat...)

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 10:39 PM PDT

    how is generator gonna get a job now?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 07:57 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment