• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 9, 2020

    RimWorld Typical Tuesday Tutorial Thread -- June 09, 2020

    RimWorld Typical Tuesday Tutorial Thread -- June 09, 2020


    Typical Tuesday Tutorial Thread -- June 09, 2020

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 01:15 AM PDT

    Please use this thread as a week-to-week space to ask your fellow /r/RimWorld colonists for assistance. Whether it be colony planning, help with mods, or general guidance, post any questions you may have here! If you have an effort post about a game mechanic then this is also fine space for that but please consider making a separate subreddit post for maximum visibility. I am a bot, so I can't make jokes. If you'd like a Typical Tuesday joke, or if there are any problems with this post, please message the moderators of the subreddit.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Drawing of my Rimworld Colony

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 03:46 AM PDT

    Some people seemed to like my Thrumbo, so here is my take on the Boomalope.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 07:55 PM PDT

    Routine Maintenance

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 07:22 AM PDT

    Just some muffalos...

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 06:11 AM PDT

    Made this for my car today.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 06:40 PM PDT

    With a what??

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 10:51 PM PDT

    Rimworld experience

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 08:05 AM PDT

    "Space Gladiator" Armor Set

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 06:06 AM PDT

    Geothermal Power At Your Convenience, Anywhere Anytime!

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 06:16 AM PDT

    Well that was fast

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 06:56 AM PDT

    just found out things can go south very fast

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 06:23 PM PDT

    Peak Rimworld sadism? I've created a slave gulag.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 10:13 PM PDT

    So I know it's all the rage to brutally murder your enemies, but I think we can go further. Life can be more of a torture, after all.

    I have endeavored to equip my colonists with nonlethal weapons, allowing the easy acquisition of prisoners. These prisoners are then shipped off via a cargo plane to a one-tile island, where they are then promptly transferred into what is essentially a supermax prison. Three-block thick steel walls surround them, and they are watched by battery-powered, emotionless wardens all the time.

    These prisoners are put to work crafting - making components, weapons, armor, androids, even enchanting crystals (ARimworldOfMagic.) The operation is powered by some material generators, and the prisoners are responsible for farming and cooking their own food (the courtyard is, again, surrounded by three tile thick walls.)

    The kicker? Android printing requires nutrition. Ordinarily, food would be used for this - but if a prisoner commits suicide, their vital organs are removed to be sold and their body is used to create the next android. There is no proper escape for a prisoner, and the gulag is nearly entirely self-sustaining, only requiring a constant flow of prisoners - which is what the android assault squads are for.

    submitted by /u/RTSUbiytsa
    [link] [comments]

    Rate my base;Dif:Savage 1 and 1/2years

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 02:45 AM PDT

    It finally happened

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    Capture Your New Capital Ship with SOS V2.3.16 -- https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1909914131

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 09:06 PM PDT

    I was badly explaining roof differences to a friend

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 01:27 PM PDT

    A flashstorm hit a trade caravan, one of the muffalos happened to be transporting around 300 napalm shells, everything is gone, including 3 of my colonists attempting to grab what they could from the muffalos.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 10:39 AM PDT

    Long live Gnugfur!

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 06:47 PM PDT

    Finally I did It!! (Now my colonists can get high)

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 06:43 AM PDT

    TIL that you can drag the pawns on top with right click to change their order.

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 07:31 AM PDT

    1450 hours in, discovered it by accident. I have been wondering why there isn't any mod that let's you change their order.

    Also, I am using a lot of mods. I need confirmation that this works on vanilla.

    Edit: Works on vanilla.

    submitted by /u/elgoriath
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any mods that will change the end goal of my game?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 04:35 AM PDT

    I find myself always enjoying creating a new colony and building it up more than actually trying to finish the game. I tend to get bored towards the end game where you'd usually start researching the ship components and building the ship. I've tried setting different goals for myself to make my own sort of "endgame", like creating a trader colony that focuses on creating high quality armor and sell them off, but it just didn't seem very interesting once I got there since I couldn't really do anything meaningful and everything was just automated.

    So I'm looking for a way to make the game interesting again by perhaps giving the game a new goal? I'm not very good at the game, despite having over 100 hours, so I tend to play on the easier difficulties in order to not die out in the first couple of days. I don't know how "game changing" mods can be and the only mods I've seen that players consider "game changing" are the ones that add new animals or a new difficulty, which doesn't do anything different from the game's main objective.

    Perhaps this is too much to ask for from the modding community, so I'm actually not expecting to find what I'm looking for, but since I'm not able to find any myself I thought "There's no harm in asking". Anyway thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/Tvilk
    [link] [comments]

    We know it's true

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 08:19 AM PDT

    Mod request: floors on bridge/on soft terrain.

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 01:00 AM PDT

    so, storytime. my colony has a throne room, in a mountain base, great right? it took in-game years to carve out, to lay down carpets, the whole nine yards/ BUT, during the mining, there was an "Area revealed" moment, which included a couple trees, some grass, and some damp patch of ground that only a bridge could be built on. ok, fucks up the symmetry of my throne room, but ok.

    SO, now my colony's leader/psyker has reached the rank of Preator. and now she can make speeches at her throne. but she can't, and now she has a constant mood debuff because her lavish throne room is "undignified"

    I can't move her back to her old throne room cos its been converted into an android lab and halved in size to accomodate an expansion to the hospital.

    so, is there any mods out there that will allow me to build floors on bridges or on top of that soft ground to rectify this situation?

    submitted by /u/RedderBarron
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment