• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 4, 2020

    RimWorld Well... that's a lot of bugs.

    RimWorld Well... that's a lot of bugs.


    Well... that's a lot of bugs.

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 11:35 PM PDT

    "Killbox only" players in a nutshell.

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 01:29 AM PDT

    Wargs 1 Mechs 0

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 11:42 PM PDT

    My prime collection of masterwork golden stools

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 09:53 AM PDT

    drinking husky, best wedding photo 4ever

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 06:52 PM PDT

    One morning, Jimbles the Thrumbo, woke up and found himself alone.

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 12:04 AM PDT

    Imagine being the traders approaching this one quiet settlement only to see a fucking ICBM launch from the side of a mountain

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 12:57 AM PDT

    I guess it... Bounced?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    The wedding was so boring my pawn went to sleep

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 04:07 AM PDT

    I miss him already..

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 06:11 AM PDT

    Experimental: The Great Insect Wars [Might redo another time :)]

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 04:26 AM PDT

    How can I learn to appreciate the 'story' and accept the deaths of my people?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 11:37 PM PDT

    Every video game I play - I play on the hardest difficulty. I absolutely loooove to be challenged and have to try again and again till I succeed.

    Rimworld is the first game I've had to tone it down a bit to enjoy. I play on 'Rough' (Cassandra)

    In my mind I definitely love the idea of my beloved characters dying and struggling to pull everything back together.

    But every time I get to the point in a new game where I've spent 10-20 hours on a group I absolutely cannot stop myself from using Dev mode to assist myself.

    Once I get there I will always revive my characters. One half of my mind is like "oh just imagine your doctor brought him back to life, so it's ok"

    But then the other half of my mind is pissed because I know I'm just cheating.

    On one hand - it does keep me playing the game, because otherwise I'd probably just rage quit, especially when an important character died. But on the other hand I truly want to play the game the way it was meant to be played.

    So. How do you guys do it?

    Or do you guys do it? Do most people 'cheat' like me? Or am I weak af lol.

    Any responses/help appreciated. Thanks

    Edit: awesome responses from everyone already. Thanks for the input.

    After I get tired of this current colony I'm going to try a full realism, no reloading, no Dev mode play and just see how it goes.

    I guess worst case scenario if I hate it I can always go back to my cheating ways lol.

    Thank you all!

    Although any more input is definitely appreciated!

    submitted by /u/HereToHelp9001
    [link] [comments]

    When a new hat drops in pre-prepared

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 06:33 PM PDT

    Would anyone be interested in a Spotify integration mod?

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 04:44 AM PDT

    Hey, I have the ability to create this mod but I don't know if there is any demand for it.

    It's an idea that I've had for a while, basically it would be a mod that connects to your spotify account (probably would have to be premium but maybe not) and would play songs that fit the theme of the game, and possibly also change based on in-game events.

    I have a personal playlist for when I play rimworld, it's mostly chill 'western' themed songs, mostly instrumental. When I play I feel like it complements the game rather than distract from it, and I think that other people could also enjoy it. My idea was that there would be an 'official' playlist with songs suggested by the community/myself, and then other users of the mod could also have their own playlists that others could rank.

    The mod would have a simple non-intrusive pop-up in-game, such as displaying the name of the track that is playing or giving the option to skip it, or recommend it to other users. There would possibly be a browser that allows you to explore what other Rimworld players are listening to while they play.

    So, any thoughts? Is it worth investing my time into? Something you would like to use?

    Edit: seems like there is interest, so I'll get to work... It's probably going to take at least a couple of weeks tho, but I'll post again with progress!

    submitted by /u/Epicguru
    [link] [comments]

    Rimworld Logic

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 05:01 AM PDT

    *Raiding with sticks intensifies*

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 08:35 AM PDT

    Why does it hurt?

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 03:02 AM PDT

    Crosspost from r/InstantKarma. This is how I imagine Colonists having a tantrum.

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 01:06 AM PDT

    I'm sure there's some profound symbolism to be found here.

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 06:06 AM PDT

    "Area revealed"

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 02:34 PM PDT

    Something you learn after 1000 hours of Rimworld: Smelting dead raiders armor is pretty damn profitable

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 07:21 AM PDT

    TLDR: Dead raiders marine and flak gear == profit!

    In my recent save I was mulling over what to do with biocoded weapons I accidently hauled into my storage, and I figured "why not smelt it".

    Okay done, smelting set up, and then I realized that I could smelt armor too. Dumbass me never realized I could do that, and promptly set up my stockpile to allow all tainted, smeltable apparel so that my cannibal butchers and field corpse strippers can haul the corpse bile laden pieces of equipment close to the smelter.

    And its damn awesome!

    • Marine armor gives you 25 plasteel and some uranium. Recon armor is 20 plasteel and a lower amount of uranium. That's massive!!

    • Marine Gloves and Boots from vanilla armor expanded nets 7 plasteel and 2 hyperweave.

    • recon helmets and marine helmets give like 10 plasteel each.

    • Flak gear gives some cloth and some steel. plasteel flak helmets obviously net plasteel.

    • biocoded weapons don't give a ton of steel, but its something to consider, especially on steel-starving maps.

    Overall, the smelter was horrifyingly underutilized in my first 1000 hours of Rimworld, and only thanks to the biocoded weapon system did I manage to stumble upon it's true potential!

    submitted by /u/Lycaa
    [link] [comments]

    A story of regret, with a happy ending.

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 10:05 PM PDT

    I killed them I killed them all.

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 04:57 PM PDT

    I murdered all my pawns today. The whiny little bastards finally pushed me over the edge. You would rather wander around in a daze after your pet turtle died then rescue your burning room mate. You refuse to clean up after your collective selves then bitch about the grime. You fucked up enough simple meals that you gave half the colony food poisoning, then gladly sloshed through lakes of vomit to go stare at clouds. So you had to die. In fire.

    It felt good. I have no regrets.

    This game is awesome.

    submitted by /u/9axle
    [link] [comments]

    Is it true that Rimworld is meant to be played for less than 10 years?

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 03:19 AM PDT

    I read somewhere that colonies are not really meant to go for longer than 10 years. My latest colony went on for 25 years and I still feel like I rushed it. I ended it mainly because raids became enormous and it just became annoying to continue, mostly because of amount of micromanagement that had to be done every time a raid happened.

    Anyone wishes there would be some type of gamemode or objective that stretches for many, many rim years, instead of simply escaping the planet? I noticed a lot people really want their colonies to go on forever, sometimes though many different patches, which I find really amazing.

    Imagine scenario in which main objective is to conquer the planet and your colony goes on for so long your pawns can actually raise babies and so on, that would be so dope.

    And perhaps new end-game equipment that's so difficult to obtain it can only be done with tremendous amount of work or resources in late game (20+ years in) but is very powerful. Next tier of marine weaponry perhaps?

    Either way if dlc like that is ever made, I will pay for it without hesitation.

    submitted by /u/BenRaleck
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment