• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 29, 2020

    RimWorld Wow.(i cannot stop laughing at this)

    RimWorld Wow.(i cannot stop laughing at this)


    Wow.(i cannot stop laughing at this)

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 03:12 AM PDT

    Got my old man into rimworld

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 04:33 PM PDT

    Don't you love it when a story just wrote itself? Trev had been rebuffed by Bena for a while now, then he rescued her from a horde of angry bumbledrones, got placed in the same (only) hospital, where she finally agreed to go out with him because of his 'sense of duty'.

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 10:49 PM PDT

    I finally understand the beauty of this game

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 05:33 AM PDT

    I recently got back into rimworld after bring quarantined and instantly got swept up by the game. many late nights and stories read, but along the way I always thought to myself "Man, I don't think I'll ever get that kind of story in my game".

    My current colony was staffed full of women. A great doctor named Elvira, a gay cook, a physicist, and a rescued tribal who was a great hunter. Along comes this raid, which I manage to stop pretty well, but take one of the members in, as he was good with animals, and I was hoping to maybe get a muffalo or two for some wool. It turns out that my crack shot hunter managed to completely destroy one of his kidneys. He barely survives, but indeed makes it, with some minor scars and joins my colony.

    This guy, Leopard was his name, was a bit odd. Night owl, bad at socializing, won't do dumb labor, yet a genius with 16 intelligence, and a whopping 13 to animal handling. He got along fairly well with the colony and had a crush on Elvira, but was always ignored. Over time he would prove himself to be a real tough one, clinging on to life in raids, managing to win melee fight with animals that would kill any normal person, he was strong. He might have not been the most useful at times, but he was invaluable to my team.

    Cut to tonight. A toxic fallout had happened and a volcanic winter had come during the already current winter, life outside was hellish. A raid came, and many of the raiders succumbed to the toxic atmosphere and absolute freezing temperatures. All but one, a woman named Aletta. She was young and spry, not great at anything, but not horrible. I managed to rescue her and put her in my prison to recruit her. She was not resistant at all, but she was near death and needed intense care before she could even be recruited.

    During all this, the combined injuries from the raid, the constant contact from being stuck in the base for weeks, and a severely injured prisoner, culminated in three of my colonists being sick. The prisoner, Elvira, and Leopard. Elvira quickly patched up the other two, and had my backup doctor patch her up. They were suffering from the flu.

    Time went on and they recovered faster than expected, except for Leopard, he had been building up immunity slower than expected, but I dismissed it as me using herbal medicine. When my doctor and prisoner fully recovered and were roaming around, I got worried about Leopard. I looked up the flu on the wiki and I immediately felt genuine sadness.

    For those with a base immunity gain rate of 58% or less, there is no chance that they will be able to survive the flu normally, [...] This includes old people aged 114 or above, and some people with kidney and liver damage.

    I remembered right then that Leopard had had his kidney destroyed by my hunter in that raid long ago. I slowly tabbed back in, and had my best crafter make a sarcophagus. Leopard's illness had progressed to 95%, yet his immunity was only reaching 80%. I knew he was done for. I fed him, and had my doctor stay by his bedside as he faded. They had a small conversation, then a deep one about loved ones passing. It was late, almost 2 a.m., and Elvira went to bed.

    At 5 a.m. Leopard died in his sleep, succumbing finally to the flu that has bedridden him for almost a week. My colony watched on as Elvira walked his corpse over the snowy landscape to the sarcophagus. They were all silent. They paid their respects and got back to work. The loss was stunning to both all my colonists and I. After a good long time watching on, I finally clicked on the sarcophagus, and shed a tear. What was carved wasn't that important, some gambling with raiders and such, but it represented strength, the strength that Leopard had his whole life, until the inevitable that not even strength could save him from.

    I might not have had an amazing story about my last survivor of the raid barely making it out, or some crazy luck that kept the runt of the colony to survive forever, but a simple death. A simple death that was unavoidable, as if fate had done its work.

    submitted by /u/shadowmonarch38
    [link] [comments]

    My first game just ended in only 15 minutes

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 03:03 AM PDT

    Not sure if this is the typical Rimworld experience, but here goes.

    I started a new game, left difficulty on default, picked a tile in the mountains to crash land on and picked the colonists to start with. I thought I picked a decent spot to start on; growing period all year round, right next door to two different neutral factions, temperate forest, good climate, plenty of natural resources. Spent a couple minutes planning a small shack to start building then unpaused the game to let the colonists do their thing.

    Something called a Spelopede shows up shortly thereafter and starts eating my packaged survival meals. I shoot at it and it pisses off. It returns with its friends; a bunch of Spelopedes and Megaspiders travel half way across the map to personally fuck me in the spleen.

    My entire squad is obliterated. Some asshole in black shows up and adds himself to my colony. I look at his stats. They're shit. He immediately starts fleeing. Why did he join in the first place? One of my colonists gets up so I get him to try and frantically heal the others. He falls over midway through bandaging and bleeds out. The other two can't get up and can't heal themselves so they bleed out. The husky I started with decided now would be a good time to help out and went down almost immediately.

    I sent the guy in black after the insects. He's dead now too. Interestingly enough, the game is giving me the option to keep going even though everyone is dead, saying that others may show up to try and claim the base. Do they become playable or something? I'm not sure if I want to continue this burst colostomy bag of a first run.

    In-game it's 9 am. Everyone died within the first couple hours of arriving. '5 hours until death' my bleeding ass...

    submitted by /u/cunthands
    [link] [comments]

    Captured an entire tribal village... So many organs...

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 01:05 AM PDT

    Simple meal x5

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 02:04 PM PDT

    My prisoners staged a revolt and failed miserably. Now the ultimate RNG god will decide their fate.

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 11:21 PM PDT

    My cannibal leader gives a speech to improve morale. Off to the side, a human butchery that she runs, feeding raw raiders to each other in the prison while selling off their skin. Two horses celebrate the occasion

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 01:53 PM PDT

    My 47 year old housewife pawn just punched an attempted prisoner escapee head's off with just her right fist

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 08:48 PM PDT

    Rimworld explained in just one screenshot. Mr. Bull here pretty well sums it up.

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 05:55 AM PDT

    The Gray Bluff Alliance

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 05:27 AM PDT

    Ah, the classic "I'm too rich for my own damn good" raid

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 03:00 AM PDT

    Jesus christ, how horrifying.

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 11:39 PM PDT

    go home Andrew, you're drunk

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 03:47 AM PDT

    "Kindness"

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 04:33 AM PDT

    This poor lass survived so many battles only to die to a plague. Rest in peace Slick.

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 12:05 PM PDT

    I named a map Longsword and found this

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 03:17 PM PDT

    We are finally Free!!!

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 12:42 AM PDT

    The Gray Bluff Alliance Timelapse

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 07:35 AM PDT

    GINA, NO.

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 02:52 PM PDT

    So how many potatoes do you think he wants for it?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 10:07 PM PDT

    literally unplayable, tynan pls fix

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 01:06 PM PDT

    Lesson learned

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 10:17 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment