• Breaking News

    Monday, March 9, 2020

    RimWorld When you've escaped from the rim, but now you have to go trough customs..

    RimWorld When you've escaped from the rim, but now you have to go trough customs..


    When you've escaped from the rim, but now you have to go trough customs..

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 04:25 AM PDT

    Surgery Failure

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 07:29 PM PDT

    My super soldier is Soviet Reincarnate

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 02:07 AM PDT

    Royalty isn't what you think

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 04:21 AM PDT

    I have a personal opinion about the plot of rimworld's royalty.

    Nobody on the planet is actually a royal, and the whole thing is just a game for those on glitterworlds / in space. Think about it. Anything you build on the rim must pale in comparison to glitterworlds, do you think your shitty wooden throne room matters to anybody? This is all entertainment for those watching, doling out stupid quests and disasters for their own amusement.

    It's a Hunger games style race to get to the rank of count and host a rich thrill seeker glitter world adventurer and cosplay company for your ticket offworld. It's also a self perpetuating system, since "nobles" can give royal favor to other nobles, thereby ensuring there's always more fun to be had.

    It's hilarious from a human condition standpoint, because the second someone gets promoted they immediately let power get to their head and demand nicer things, even though they're clearly mud slapping peasants compared to those off-worlders watching them.

    Just my thoughts

    submitted by /u/ReallyNotWastingTime
    [link] [comments]

    We have been here for less than 2 fucking days, Randy!

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 12:25 AM PDT

    I just had to xdd

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 06:45 AM PDT

    A medieval castle plus small harbor I have worked on for a while

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 11:08 AM PDT

    YET ANOTHER haunting photo taken before disaster

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 12:42 AM PDT

    Rimworld 1.0: Rome total war

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 06:04 AM PDT

    My Royal Pawn decided to give a speech while there's still dead raiders and rubble from previous sapper raid.

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 03:25 AM PDT

    So explain to me... why am I not just bringing 190 gold again?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 06:38 PM PDT

    RimWorld standing lamp IRL

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 09:21 AM PDT

    Just Rimworld thing

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 07:29 PM PDT

    In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons...

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 06:05 PM PDT

    I wonder what Karen's doing on the Rim?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 09:51 AM PDT

    Peace was never an option!

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 06:09 AM PDT

    That time that you play with Rimatomic and get short circuit by Randy

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 02:40 AM PDT

    Well that's something you don't see every day

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 06:01 AM PDT

    Jungle biome isn't that hard and is probably one of the most fun biome to play

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 04:16 AM PDT

    Just a small post to talk about the infamous and dreaded jungle biome. Everyone saw the terribles screens of Randy droping malaria on day 1, horror stories about pawns getting Plague then sleeping disease back to back...

    I played hundred of hours before even giving it a try.

    Well its actually quite fun, year round grow, Infinite wood, dangerous animals... You just need to have a supply of penoxycyline which isn't that hard.

    Really give it a try, its a great biome

    submitted by /u/Snakeox
    [link] [comments]

    When greek pottery at the museum is masterwork!

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 11:52 AM PDT

    PSA: Charge turrets have a minimum range , this mad dromedary is fucking it up

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 10:04 AM PDT

    How to properly defend WITHOUT turrets, killboxes, nor mountain bases

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 07:03 PM PDT

    As you may know, there are a lot of posts showing incredible killboxes, counting dozens of turrets, and bases buried so deep, that even a Vietcong soldier would feel claustrophobic.

    So, I propose to show you how to properly defend against raids without using such tactics.

    Why not using killboxes ??

    But first, you should wonder "why not using killboxes, turrets, or mountains ?"

    In fact, I was using those tactics few years ago myself, and while I was reading Tynan posts (Tynan is the guy who created Rimworld), I understood that it was not how the game was intended to be played.

    This is why Tynan added infestations, claustrophobia, limited ammunition for turrets.

    So I decided to leave my underground bases and I tried to survive in the open. I developed strategies and tactics to face many opponents, and guess what : it was pretty fun !! I finally managed to appreciate a strategy game way more tactical than I thought.

    Now, I think it is time for me to give you what I learned.

    Feel free to comment or criticize. I am always open to improve myself.

    The Strategy

    First, a little schema of my base, designed to repel any assault

    https://preview.redd.it/citdu1d0mjl41.png?width=1313&format=png&auto=webp&s=8a76eb41e89b28ecc2d87c5578eba941bc533350

    Yes, I know my colony is quite dashing, but that is not the point.

    In Rimworld, just like in XCOM, it's all about flanking the enemy.

    As you can guess, I keep most of my pawns on the main front, in the center of the colony. They take cover behind walls, and if they are cornered, they only have to walk a couple of tiles to be safe.

    But for my enemies, covers are limited, so they are going to advance and find themselves uncovered.

    But that's not all, I hide some pawns inside buildings so they can go out and flank raiders when they get covers.

    Here is a live example :

    https://preview.redd.it/63y7vfjynjl41.png?width=1051&format=png&auto=webp&s=df45d0a0304a46935d5122c697de10b641ae9234

    As you can see, raiders are lacking of covers, so some of them are standing in the open, while all my pawns are covered, and I even keep melee pawns hidden and ready for when the time is right.

    But wait, there is more :

    https://preview.redd.it/vh2j5zl6pjl41.png?width=1069&format=png&auto=webp&s=fc17d64dcf03fca3496561799c0d6770520287ca

    Thanks to this configuration, I managed to flank my enemies, killing them quite easily.

    The raid was on several fronts, so same thing goes on the other side :

    https://preview.redd.it/0vc4pzz1qjl41.png?width=1103&format=png&auto=webp&s=ed9d94f801a64a740751be1bad2c5acd303474d4

    My front line fixed the enemy, so I could flank him and get rid of him easily.

    My base is designed to provide limited covers to the enemy, so I can catch him under cross fires.

    If an enemy pawn is covered from one of my pawn shots, then one of my other pawn is supposed to have clear shot on him.

    This little fight was just an example. But even with bigger raids, the principle is the same : Fixing the enemy on a position, so a few squad can flank him and get rid of him easily. It's all about shooting while being at cover on exposed enemies.

    Does it work all along ?

    I know what you are thinking. Repelling a little raid is one thing, but finishing the game is an other story. Damn, we have to build a ship, or to cross half the planet, or to ass lick some kind of smug aristocrat. There will be dozens of raids, and always stronger !! Only The Killbox can save us !!!

    Well, it will not be easy all the time, but sure, it is possible to finish the game this way.

    I managed to do it several times. building the ship, reaching the ship, and even once where I built the ship, but on a sea ice biome. All that without building any turrets, nor hidding my base under any mountain.

    You can definitely escape the planet with this strategy. And surprisingly, it is even more effective with the Combat Extended mod. Suppressing shots and increased damages allow my pawns to go on a rampage.

    Drawbacks

    Of course, this strategy is not perfect. Avoiding killboxes and having an exposed base means that I can't handle massive raids counting dozens, or sometime hundreds of pawns.

    So my entire gameplay has to prevent massive raids :

    - I must not have too many pawns. In this fighting tactic, there is no point having too many of them anyway. So around 10 pawns is enough. More of them means bigger raids.

    - I must not have too much wealth. As you can guess, it is harder if you want to get the new Royalty ending, based on luxury.

    - Raid strength scales with the number of turrets. good news, we don't have any.

    - Raid strength decreases when you have a pawn downed, killed, or losing an organ. So I often recruit trash pawns, then I strip them, and I send them fight a bear barehanded. Following raids are weaker this way.

    I hope you enjoyed this little guide. Feel free to give any advice to improve this base template, or the general strategy.

    submitted by /u/Valloross
    [link] [comments]

    Efficiency. This is the way.

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 02:39 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment