• Breaking News

    Monday, March 16, 2020

    RimWorld Just my imagination of how scyther and lancer would look like

    RimWorld Just my imagination of how scyther and lancer would look like


    Just my imagination of how scyther and lancer would look like

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 05:56 AM PDT

    So I got my younger 12-year-old sister into Rimworld 2 days ago and let's just say my messages from her since have never been the same.

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 04:09 PM PDT

    Event has just spawned a hostile siege...and none of the raiders have construction level high enough to build artillery.

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 11:48 PM PDT

    That doesn't seem like a very loyal thing to do...

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 01:07 AM PDT

    New to the game, lost my whole colony to a Manhunting Squirrel. loved every second, I think I'm hooked!

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 03:05 AM PDT

    How on earth am I going to pass the time if I’m quarantined?

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 06:32 AM PDT

    Oh dear

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 06:38 AM PDT

    Make sure your game actually closes when you quit out folks

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    1 hp part feature

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 04:10 AM PDT

    So as most of you have probably noticed there is a feature where if a part will be destroyed by an incoming projectile, ex: a 29 health part get hits by a 30 damage charge lance shot, it has a chance to be left with 1 hp.

    This is only true if the damage is within a certain threshold of the parts health, I think it's if the damage is within 50% above the parts health then there is a chance the part will be left with 1 hp. So for a 29 health part, you would need to do more than 43.5 damage. Although I don't have the code in front of me so 50% may be incorrect.

    It appears this was added to make life easier for players, so that rather than have a pawn lose a leg they will instead be left with a 1 hp leg that can heal back to full or near full. Although I've yet to see it ever happen to one of my pawns, and I've been playing since around b17~ b18.

    While this usually isn't an issue, as a 1 hp part is near useless, it does become an issue with centipedes.

    Centipedes' body rings are responsible for their manipulation and movement, also each ring is attached to the previous ring. So if the first body ring is destroyed the centipede will lose all manipulation and movement, which causes instant death for mechanoids.

    Given the high hp of a centipedes' body parts, it is EXTREMELY likely that any given body part will be left with 1 hp by a shot that should have destroyed that part. While this isn't an issue for damage to the brain or reactor, it is an issue with the body rings because even if the first body ring is at 1 hp, all other body rings will function as if there has been no vital damage.

    Ultimately this feature makes centipedes even more tanky then they already are, and the odds of it occurring is extremely biased in favor of centipedes. As such I would like to mod it out.

    I haven't seen any mods that address this feature, and I do not know where the relevant code for this feature is located. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be happy to release a mod removing this feature.

    submitted by /u/Currently_Fortifying
    [link] [comments]

    Never again I'm accepting those Empire quests!

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 05:51 AM PDT

    Imagine how the conversation goes

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 05:36 AM PDT

    Ready for Wooaaaaaar ! - props to Medieval mod creators

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 09:54 PM PDT

    Here's a little Scyther I drew, perhaps a bit taller than you'd expect

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 04:30 PM PDT

    This looks familiar...

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 03:31 AM PDT

    Was scanning for a base location and this looked familiar...took me a while because it wasnt on fire (yet)

    https://preview.redd.it/6wlbwe1bh0n41.jpg?width=1632&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=8d9e6f05ad4f45e7fabbb43686ebdb3262e4a121

    submitted by /u/Crz11
    [link] [comments]

    This sub is the best

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 12:29 AM PDT

    Honestly, I get the BEST feedback from you guys seriously, rimworld has the best gaming community no doubt and you guys are the reason I think so. Thanks for all your tips, feedback, advice and funny comments!

    submitted by /u/Thomas_473
    [link] [comments]

    This is getting out of hand

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 06:02 AM PDT

    Turns out chemfuel is highly flammable

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 04:51 AM PDT

    Yesterday I lost one of the best colonies I've had thanks to a tantrum. In my save I had just finished building a fabrication bench after my caravan came back with a bunch of compacted machinery, and I felt very proud of myself. Randy had yet to show his true intent.

    At this point I was also harvesting organs after realizing how much you can sell them for. I was destined for greatness, this was going to be my strongest colony yet.. Until one of my colonists decided that this was too much, she had a tantrum, I thought nothing of it, in hindsight I should have seen this coming. Minutes before the same pawn had a tantrum and decided to punch one of my turrets until it exploded and killed two of my boomalopes and blew one of her legs of. This could have been avoided I thought to myself but no major damage done, she is still alive has to use a pegleg, atleast my base isn't on fire.

    In her second tantrum where everything went wrong. She started punching walls, she will calm down eventually I thought, I won't have to break her legs if it's just walls, she will calm down at some point. Out of nowhere she bolted for my storage space and before I could even grasp the seriousness of the situation, she starting pummeling a chemfuel canister. This isn't good I thought to myself. The next thing I know every item in my storage is in flames, chemfuel canisters are going of like fireworks. I try to stop the flames with my other pawns, but I didn't stop anything, I just sent those poor pawns to their deaths. In the back of my head throughout all this I could see Randy's smug smile in the back of my mind. This is what he had planned all along, to make me feel powerful and let me have a taste of greatness before watching me lose everything.

    I almost lost this colony in the first few hours of playing, but that was just Randy giving me a taste of his real intent. I should have known better. Also never again will I store my chemfuel with my other stuff. And I should probably stop building everything with wood. 10/10 great game, nothing was learnt, I will keep building stuff with wood and I will keep Randy as my story teller.

    submitted by /u/BoneGrease
    [link] [comments]

    Colony on a Black-out / Reactor fuel swap. Stunning.

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 02:07 AM PDT

    A Warning to Raiders: Don't. Shoot. My. Dogs.

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 05:40 PM PDT

    I understand cryosleep caskets now!

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 08:02 PM PDT

    I was packing up to leave base for more habitable location when I remembered I had shoved a raider sick with infection into a cryosleep casket and then promptly forgot about them.

    No wonder the people coming out of those things are badly injured and/or really pissed off!

    submitted by /u/praguepride
    [link] [comments]

    Drew A Pic Of Myself In The Vanilla Style

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 09:05 AM PDT

    God damn photoshopping....

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 06:27 AM PDT

    The new DLC is intense

    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 02:28 AM PDT

    Seriously!

    My 6 colonists have such a high body count im now running out of room for graves!

    Firstly its the royal "look after these prisoner " quests, then random raids seem more frequent

    The psychic powers REALLY help keep them at bay, though i do wish the Psyfocus robes gave more cold weather protection and can be crafted!

    submitted by /u/cyberraver35
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment