• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 28, 2020

    RimWorld Typical Tuesday Tutorial Thread -- July 28, 2020

    RimWorld Typical Tuesday Tutorial Thread -- July 28, 2020


    Typical Tuesday Tutorial Thread -- July 28, 2020

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 01:15 AM PDT

    Please use this thread as a week-to-week space to ask your fellow /r/RimWorld colonists for assistance. Whether it be colony planning, help with mods, or general guidance, post any questions you may have here! If you have an effort post about a game mechanic then this is also fine space for that but please consider making a separate subreddit post for maximum visibility. I am a bot, so I can't make jokes. If you'd like a Typical Tuesday joke, or if there are any problems with this post, please message the moderators of the subreddit.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Rimworld is such a deep game full of immersive and emotional back stories... Yes, I renamed I'm Pizza after

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 04:48 AM PDT

    a boomalope hit in the crossfire during a caravan intercept bled out and detonated 250 firefoam shells. cumsplosion ensues.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 03:30 PM PDT

    This has happened to so many colonist.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 05:39 AM PDT

    The Noemca People - Tribal

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 04:36 AM PDT

    Just bought Rimworld, fun game.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 10:47 PM PDT

    Oh no

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 03:46 PM PDT

    WELCOME TO THE RICE FIELDS MOTHERFUCKER

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 06:42 AM PDT

    As I said earlier, absolutely love this game.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 11:45 PM PDT

    She singlehandedly defeated a 2 turret prisoner camp with a bow and some portable traps. So proud.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 07:20 AM PDT

    A fearsome foe, indeed.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 10:09 PM PDT

    Anyone else create outfits for your colonist to maximize their performance?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 06:29 AM PDT

    A small Story about how i stopped harvesting organs.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 07:27 AM PDT

    Hey friends i need to let this out of my system. I am not so good with English so sorry in advance.

    I am quite new to this game and just started my second colony after my first one was killed by bugs. I started as Tribals in the Rainforest. Everything is going well as of right now but there is this little story i need to tell. I feel kind of bad about it.

    3 Wild People wandered into my map. I recruited 2 of them and left the 3rd one alone. She was useless with bad traits and incapable of almost everything. One of my colonists had Cataract another a bad leg and another one a bad back so i thought i could capture the last Wild woman and harvest her. Her Name was Ileana. To avoid the big mood penalties i waited after each harvest until the Mood debuffs stopped.

    At first i harvested her left leg which left her broken. She got a Mental break and tried to kill herself. (I use a Mod which adds more Breaks. I think it is either Psychology or Individuality). I beat her up and confined her to her bed.

    I did not think too much about it. Its just a game right?

    Next were her two eyes and after a few days she got a Paranoid breakdown and started talking gibberish in her cell. Things like: "They will come and get me" "There is no escape" "The gates of hell opened".

    That was the moment i started to really think about what i am doing and i felt really bad. Had a real bad consciousness about that. I mean she was innocent, living her life, eating berries and then we came. Captured her and broke her down like an old engine. I really started to feel for her. I mean think about it: We cut off her Limbs, eyes, confined to a small cell and kept alive against her will. Her mind broken, willing to kill herself twice.

    She suffered another mental break and tried to kill herself again. I mean fuck, i am a monster but i am too deep now.

    Last was the spine. I harvested it and after that euthanized her by cut. She was dead, her suffering ended but i felt really bad about that. I threw her corpse into the corpes stockpile where she rotted, forever forgotten.

    I made a decision after that: I will never ever harvest organs again. My consciousness cant handle that.

    How weird is that? This is just a game and i am generally not squeamish about this kind of thing. But my atrocious actoins really hit me hard. And i still think about her. Shit this game man. Lets you feel stuff.

    Sorry this got longer than axpected but i just needed to tell this small story.

    Ileanas Last Moments

    submitted by /u/Schabernacken
    [link] [comments]

    That Is A Lot of Notifications....

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 05:21 AM PDT

    For the first time ever i actually completed a Colony. Here's a look at it before I leave onto the Imperial Lux life

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 02:10 AM PDT

    "Accidental Astartes"

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 10:34 PM PDT

    Rimworlds better with your imagination :)

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 10:58 AM PDT

    What is your favorite all purpose gun in vanilla and then in any mods?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 07:50 AM PDT

    For me it's assault rifle and then with mods the TE kinetic long rifle from the rimsenal mod.

    Playing a very late game colony in arid shrubland. Quite a few mods installed but only a few weapon mods. Deep mountain base for temp but have expanded far outside now and cranked the difficulty up to the max to stir things up. I'm wondering what guns you guys use in high difficulties to address constant threats back to back with little or no time to switch weapons.

    Secondary question: I've made some high quality expensive modded armor, is it worth it in the highest difficulty to wear it constantly and have it degrade/have to spend colonist time building replacements or try to put it on as combat comes and risk the high time penalty to equip armor.

    submitted by /u/PMMEYOURCOOLDRAWINGS
    [link] [comments]

    Seconds before disaster.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 05:59 AM PDT

    Daniel and Sparkles were a couple when they crashed on this planet. Unfortunately, they broke up, and later Sparkles met her untimely end - this is the art on her sarcophagus. Life on the Rim is Ice Cold.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 08:39 AM PDT

    Guess what happens here? (I didn’t know WE had these)

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 03:25 PM PDT

    When you can’t afford proper prosthetics

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 08:12 AM PDT

    Defending Raid: Mission Failed Successfully

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 02:58 AM PDT

    OnlineCity

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 01:24 PM PDT

    Hello, comrades!
    We're developing RimWorld multiplayer MMO - like mod OnlineCity!
    The main feature is:
    - Live on one planet with ~unlimited count of people
    - Trade with another people via caravans
    - Raiding another players settlements
    If you're interested, here some links:
    Workshop
    Discord
    GitHub

    https://preview.redd.it/1zhr0qjalgd51.png?width=2400&format=png&auto=webp&s=5ef9650d60b6dfbb986a3479b33d26954c0b2b9f

    submitted by /u/zombie288
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment