• Breaking News

    Friday, July 31, 2020

    RimWorld In what context

    RimWorld In what context


    In what context

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 09:29 PM PDT

    My colonists getting married near a naturally-formed heart-shaped pond.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 02:36 PM PDT

    I don't like my colony.

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 05:12 AM PDT

    This is something like my 4th, and most successful, colony to date. It was started by a brother and sister in their 20s (Dora and Ace, a gardener and a rebel fighter) and an older guy (a mechanic, I don't even remember his name, sorry bud.) On day 2 or 3, Ace died in a stupid accident where I didn't realise if you mine away a big chunk of rock the roof collapses... When it came down to naming my settlement, I called it "Brothervale" in his honour. Cheesy huh? Ace, I hardly knew ye.

    Dora was kind of useless in terms of defending and building and was often wandering sadly because of the loss of her brother so the older man built the core of my colony pretty much single handedly. For some reason that I can't remember, Dora hated this guy so much she considered him her rival.

    Times were hard but they started to get up and running. Until the man was downed in a raid and captured. He died while being dragged away by the raider and so Dora gained the "my rival died" moodlet. Bitch.

    Soon after, some traders came past who happened to be transporting a slave by the name of Vikinger. He was cheap because his only real skill was shooting at about 5, all the others 1s or 2s, but at least half of his skills (including combat, cooking, plants, mining and building) are major or minor passions so now, years later, he's the most useful person in the whole colony and with a masterwork sniper rifle, "careful shooter" and an archotech eye, I can sometimes carefully use him alone to decimate mech swarms.

    Shortly after buying Vikinger, I recruited a captured prisoner, an old man by the name of Wolle, who had the two remaining missing major pieces, intellect and crafting. I kind of consider Vikinger and Wolle to be 'original' colonists now. They've been there since year one.

    Over the years, I've accrued 12 colonists and am thriving. Nearly all of them are recruited raiders, hardly any bad traits, but I haven't 'connected' with a single one. They're all pretty anonymous, mostly moderately useful.

    Amongst the 12, only Dora has any social skill. Consequently, everybody loves Dora. Unfortunately, through the grittier winters and scraps with raiders, most people have fingers or toes missing, or scars, or shattered noses. In addition, both Wolle and Vikinger have the hideously ugly trait... Funnily enough, though Wolle and Vikinger hate eachother (on account of being mutually hideous), they never fight, so I've invented that that's some kind of mutual distaste... but respect.

    So in all, everybody kind of hates each other except the golden girl, Dora. There was a short lived marriage between two other colonists, but the husband was my only colonist so far to die in battle (with the ancient danger) :(. In terms of other romances, Dora, is now the ex-lover of five existing colonists. All about 20 years her senior, the affairs all lasting no more than a quadrum or two before she finishes it. Every single one.

    At least she's never tried that shit with Wolle or Vikinger. I respect those guys. Damn, I suppose I don't hate my colony... I just hate Dora. I guess the rest of the colonists are trying their best but the only two I care about are W+V, so it makes me sad that everyone hates them so much just because they're ugly...

    In summary, my colonists are a bunch of superficial dickheads who all hate each other because they're all mutually disfigured and socially inept but worship Dora because she's a manipulative cow. If W or V don't make it off this planet I'll lose my shit. They're the only ones that deserve any happiness.

    Okay, I started off intending to make a post about how it's a shame I don't really give a shit about this colony even though it's my most successful. But in describing it I've kind of convinced myself I do give a shit. This sure is a good story generator.

    Edit: Oh, damn! Maybe losing her brother made her a bitch! And she hated the mechanic because it wasn't him that died instead. :( Maybe things would have all been different if Ace had lived.

    submitted by /u/Saxon2060
    [link] [comments]

    idk what to put. the discord people made me post this. OC

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 01:23 PM PDT

    Introducing the new mod! ★Moyo - From the depth ★

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 02:26 AM PDT

    Yeah, you and me both pal.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 04:20 PM PDT

    Found on r/funny. Rimworld is leaking again.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 12:48 PM PDT

    Noice

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 12:47 AM PDT

    Nothing to worry here, just another fellow human

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 08:06 AM PDT

    Because I needed more huskies.

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 03:25 AM PDT

    brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 12:31 PM PDT

    Ah yes, the insects chosen specifically to kill Kuskos

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 01:30 PM PDT

    Its good time to revile that im a traitor, in front of three 50 cal machine gun turrets.

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 02:38 AM PDT

    What 2 Years of Random Randy Blood and Dust naked brutality looks like.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 06:38 PM PDT

    Lesson of the day: never send 80% of your pawns to become jesters for some high baroness

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 11:44 PM PDT

    OH GOD NO

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 02:17 PM PDT

    At least she's honest about it

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 04:03 AM PDT

    Everybody: "You should love your parents." Rimworld: "But he ugly as hekk and breathes funny."

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 07:57 AM PDT

    I loved this pet, but Randy decided that's enough mood buffs for my colonists.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 09:10 PM PDT

    Real Human Leather

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 09:40 PM PDT

    Tried playing with ce for the first time...

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 08:19 PM PDT

    Moving each year?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 07:44 AM PDT

    I'm trying to out together a challenge for myself to playthrough and I'm thinking about something where I have to move my while colony and anything they can carry each year. Is there a way to force this in settings (blow up the base each year or something)?

    Any thoughts? It do I just need to hold myself to the challenge?

    submitted by /u/BeligerentBard
    [link] [comments]

    A game after successfully building a ship?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 07:44 AM PDT

    Hey.

    I wonder if is there a mod that allows you play with your colonists after you successfully flew off rimworld, but not SoS? Not in space. I mean, a mod that drops your crew to a new world, with implants, psypowers, gear, research etc. saved from last run?

    submitted by /u/MaxwellScourge
    [link] [comments]

    do pregnant animals yield more meat?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 07:35 AM PDT

    my colony was running low on food so i had to slaughter their pet yak, who was in a late stage pregnancy at the time, and i didnt pay attention to how much meat they got from her but it got me wondering. if an animal is pregnant do you get more meat from them, and if not, shouldnt you?

    submitted by /u/blightpup
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment