• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 25, 2020

    RimWorld As one legends falls, another takes its place. Now my most played game.

    RimWorld As one legends falls, another takes its place. Now my most played game.


    As one legends falls, another takes its place. Now my most played game.

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 02:34 AM PDT

    They said it's Soyuz thruster, but we know the truth.

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 12:51 AM PDT

    God. I love this game

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 09:19 PM PDT

    i made this and i hope you laugh

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 12:05 PM PDT

    Trinity, Survivor - Artwork done by u/joshua-al

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 02:44 AM PDT

    Getting free cataphract armour with royal reinforcements

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 02:55 AM PDT

    Like uh, Fish in a Barrel

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 10:26 PM PDT

    I didn't make the top part, but the art is mine

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 03:35 AM PDT

    You can’t really put a price on that...

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 04:17 PM PDT

    I guess my mortars were a good investment.

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 10:12 PM PDT

    So I misread the 16 tile requirement for a noble bedroom and made a 16 x 16 room instead

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 06:50 AM PDT

    Just Casually Having WW3 Break Out In My Base

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 03:32 AM PDT

    Black Mesa has some, familiar sculptures

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 06:56 AM PDT

    Creating a rimworld comic because it's the cool thing to do, I might keep up if people like it, I might not, just threw something together to see if I'd like doing it. PICTURED: Colonist Marina finishes the yayo she had been working on for 5 days straight from research to production.

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 08:03 PM PDT

    There are so many better ways to kill wolves...

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 12:22 PM PDT

    I thought this battlefield scene was pretty cool. Tribal raiders came from the east, friendly tribals arrived from the west, I flanked south with my cyborg super-soldier handler while sweeping the north with my power armor Thrumbos

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    The single most useless colonist I've ever received.

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 03:00 PM PDT

    Who doesn't have relationship problems?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 06:18 AM PDT

    Finishing off the Rimworld storytellers with Phoebe Chillax! I really wish there was art I could find for reference of her legs..

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 03:15 PM PDT

    Please don't take me back to those times...

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 11:30 AM PDT

    Call it even?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 03:42 AM PDT

    I want Smores!

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 06:20 AM PDT

    What is your stance on drugs?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 02:57 AM PDT

    I was wondering what are your views on drugs in rimworld.

    As an example, here are mine:

    I see that a lot of people using smokeleaf for mood boosts, and I can see why that's appealing. Low addiction chance, good mood boost, negligible side effects, low production cost. However it gets annoying when there is a random mech event happening, and half of the troops is stoned and can't aim for shit now. And after they come back with see-through holes in their torsos, the doctor is also high. Good early game option, but overrated imho.

    While I try to avoid anything that would reduce the efficiency at which my colonists work, I did experiment with wake-up and yayo as stimulants for better work, although this ended with 6 people addicted and two overdosing, so I gave up that idea and sold yayo instead.

    Meanwhile wake-up is not that useful now that half-cyclers can remove the need for sleep completely. I did find if useful in some unique cases, such as increasing a doctor's manipulation stat before surgery, preventing coma in extreme injury combined with withdrawal and malaria (I play with the deathrattle mod, which makes is so when vital organs stop working, the body starts dying over time, instead of dying instantly, and if conciousness drops to 0, the patien is going into a coma).

    I did find go-juice very useful and efficient though. When battle is near, soldiers drink the juice and the efficiency goes way up. And the addictions are rare enough for me not to bother. Withdrawal isn't that bad.

    Beer is kinda meh. Not that simple to make, very little boost and reminds me of my uncle, which is not a pleasant memory.

    And last but not least: Luciferium. I was scared of it for a very long time. A colony dog ate it once and I had to put it down before it bit more pawns. It was only when my favorite pawn took a bullet to the brain, which left it at 1/10 (-9 permanent brain damage). I was devastated. But then I realized that if I administer luciferium to him for a long enough time, it will. And if things go south, I can always put him in a cryptosleep casket. And after a year, it did heal. Luciferium is my favorite drug. It is a clever, unique concept, motivated me to trade when I was a newbie, and adds flavor to the characters.

    I am very interested what you thing about the drugs of Rimworld. Do you agree with my views, do you disagree? Why? Do you have some clever ways to use these drugs? Lemme kno.

    Edit: Forgot about:

    1. Psychite tea - as pointed out by u/LosMere , it can be a better alternative for smokeleaf. For some reason I always forget it exists.
    2. Ambrosia - I find it useful, but only in tribal playthroughs. A cool concept, but could be more rewarding.

    Randy bless

    submitted by /u/mikolajwisal
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment