• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 14, 2019

    RimWorld Siege my colony? o k , b o o m e r

    RimWorld Siege my colony? o k , b o o m e r


    Siege my colony? o k , b o o m e r

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 12:58 AM PST

    Local Ratkin to angry to die.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 01:58 AM PST

    Anna... read the room...

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 04:48 AM PST

    spawned into a weird mountain map encosed on 3 sides. seed: far 30%, 30.82 N, 16.34 E

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 12:02 AM PST

    Rimworld revealed my son to me

    Posted: 13 Nov 2019 10:35 AM PST

    I got my 10yo son Rimworld. I expected him to have a hard time of it, but... not this.

    He decided he wanted two research benches early, so he did that. Then he stuck two pawns on it. In the first year, so he had almost no manpower left for anything else. He beelined to electricity and machining because he wants better weapons. He's mined a ton of steel for some reason. He's using it to build walls. Meanwhile, the fields are underdeveloped.

    As winter starts to set in, he takes in two more hungry mouths to feed. One of his new guys has an addiction and immediately goes into withdrawal. Starvation promptly sets in. "You might want hydroponics" I tell him. He clicks on geothermal. He makes progress quickly because he's got two researchers.

    He builds a hothouse but he has to plant his rice in the ground, like some kind of animal. All the steel in this hothouse is in the walls. He has two people stuck in bed at all times because they keep breaking down from the stress and hurting each other. He has two people researching machining.

    A caravan comes through. He scrapes together a few things they want and buys some labrador meat. His pawns eat it before he can cook it. A rat goes manhunter and he has a hard time dealing with it. His yorkshire terrier saves the day. They eat the rat. Research is going well.

    His colony has hunted everything on the map out, even the rats. His pawns are eating the meat raw. His terrier starves. They eat the terrier.

    The map is completely exhausted and his rice plants are almost mature. But his pawns can't wait any longer. They have to harvest early and eat the immature rice. He is now researching gunsmithing.

    Spring has come, but planting is a long way off and the harvest unfathomably so. I'm not sure how this story ends, but I'm pretty sure it rhymes with hannibalism.

    tl;dr: my kid turned this game into a North Korean famine simulation.

    submitted by /u/martin-silenus
    [link] [comments]

    A caravan leader and his loyal, many-eyed, many-legged steed

    Posted: 13 Nov 2019 11:10 PM PST

    Such a wonderful sight

    Posted: 13 Nov 2019 04:37 PM PST

    Organs dont spoil

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 06:17 AM PST

    My Immortal Doggie - 32 years strong with so many hundreds of kids

    Posted: 13 Nov 2019 10:50 PM PST

    I'll just... load up an autosave.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 04:46 AM PST

    Day 692, with 46 hour playtime. What y'all think?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 07:03 AM PST

    which mod adds these neat icons when designating items?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 12:31 AM PST

    literally NOTHING wants coyote to keep her toes, huh

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 05:00 AM PST

    Human Leather Jacket(Excellent)

    Posted: 13 Nov 2019 11:19 PM PST

    A wounded pawn is a happy pawn.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 06:47 AM PST

    Returning after ~1 year of not playing.

    I realized during my last session that my pawns are the most happy when sitting in the hospital recovering from wounds. It's one of the few times the mood bar gets to 100%. Not sure what that says about the colony ... but life on the Rim is tough.

    My go-to treatment plan for wounded colonists is to 1) Treat the Wounds, 2) Administer Beer & 3) Administer Yayo.

    The yayo is primarily for the pain reduction though I know it's an addictive recreational drug. Is there anything more specific in [vanilla] that I haven't researched yet? Something akin to Morphine maybe?

    Also, while on the topic, is there a way to treat addiction/withdrawls once one of my pawns inevitably becomes an addict?

    Edit: I don't make beer or yayo specifically for medical purposes. It's just a convience for me to use it to keep my pawns from going crazy while they lay in my prison-cell sized hospital. Maybe I should add a tv...

    submitted by /u/Harwic
    [link] [comments]

    The mighty Thrumbo is an unexpected guest at my goblins' wedding.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 02:47 AM PST

    Seeing everyone else's bases and thinking mine inadequate

    Posted: 13 Nov 2019 10:54 PM PST

    Just started my first game with Cassandra Classic.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 07:29 AM PST

    And holy shit she has no chill at all!

    My first winter is coming and I'm feeling pretty prepared with 2 walk in freezers full of drugs and food and a whole storeroom of wood to power my generators and heaters.

    Suddenly I get a chain of DEVASTATING events!! In order: toxic fallout, raid (half my colony is on a rescue mission), 2 FUCKING FIRES and a cold snap!! What the hell Cassandra?? All within 2 days?!

    In all seriousness i am loving this game, it constantly has me going "oh my god, they track that?!?!". If anyone has any tips on how to recover from a burnt down storehouse, a kidnapped scientist, hypothermia AND radiation sickness please help a brother out.

    P.S. the only reason the raid crippled me so badly was because my lead soldier decided to go on an ambrosia binge LITERALLY AS THE RAIDERS WERE WALKING UP TO MY DOOR, AS MY STOREHOUSE WAS IN FLAMES.

    submitted by /u/Unbelievable28
    [link] [comments]

    Fort Bourtange - part 1 (year 3 ish)

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 08:27 AM PST

    "Being an artist is not that easy. Artist consume a lot of snack to numb the pain of being an Artist."

    Posted: 13 Nov 2019 11:19 PM PST

    Just Another RimTribe Story - Episode 12

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 02:46 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment